Ngapali Beach, Burma
At a Glance
Superb restaurant specialising in local seafood
Beautiful beach front pool
Only 55 spacious and beautifully designed villas and cottages
A cinema to enjoy if there is a tropical rain shower
Take a fishing trip out in the Bay of Bengal
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Burma is during the dry season from November to April. At this time the warm and sunny days are ideal for sightseeing throughout the country. The temperatures start to rise in March and May to September is best avoided as this is the rainy season when sightseeing can become difficult.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Sandoway Resort or take a look at our itineraries to Myanmar (Burma)
Nestled among the coconut palms on Ngapali Beach, the Sandoway Resort is a traditional style property with stunning ocean views over the Bay of Bengal. Enjoy fabulous service as you relax on this laid back tropical beach.
Scattered throughout 9,000 square metres of lush tropical gardens, the Sandoway Resort offers 56 individual two storey villas and cottages, boasting rustic yet comfortable accommodation, some of which have gorgeous ocean views. The property is designed in a traditional style, with many South East Asian touches including the use of local materials such as wood, marble and stone carvings.
Read a book in the beach side library, with impressive views across the bay, treat yourself to a traditional Burmese massage in the secluded spa or enjoy watching a classic film in the 58-seater theatre. You could also enjoy a day on a traditional long tail boat exploring the beautiful waters of Bengal Bay. The Sandoway Resort really reflects the laidback Burmese approach to life and is the perfect retreat for both couples and families wanting to relax on the unspoilt beaches of Ngapali.
All the room categories at Sandoway Resort are simple yet they have been built to a very high specification, with plenty of detail and unique styling. They are furnished with furniture made locally and all rooms have been left without a television purposefully to help you relax to the sounds of nature. The 19 villas feature a small living area, walk-in wardrobe, well equipped bathroom and the bedroom is located on the first floor. The 15 cottages and 29 deluxe rooms have a similar mezzanine style but they are slightly smaller in size. There are also 19 villas which are perfect if you are looking to stay somewhere with more room.
Children of all ages are welcome to come and stay at Sandoway Resort, however, there are no facilities available except babysitting.
The International Restaurant serves delicious local seafood that would have been caught that morning. Chefs from throughout Europe are invited throughout the season to create imaginative and delicious dishes using locally sourced produce.
The Lounge Bar is perfectly located on an open veranda which overlooks the beach. A pre-dinner cocktail or sunset beverage can be very much enjoyed here.
The Spa Pavillion offers a wide range of massages and scrubs for you to indulge in some pampering time.
Library, swimming, boat trips, golf nearby, bicycle hire, fishing boat rental, snorkelling, 56-seater theatre, spa, watersports and local sightseeing.
Clare Monro (Staff)
I LOVED this hotel! It isn't too big so has quite a nice intimate atmosphere, a fantastic beachfront location and each room has its own sun loungers in front of the room. The food is great, the staff really friendly, so I highly recommend it! The villas are a little on the pricey side, but the bathrooms are amazing so it's worth forking out a little bit more if that is important to you!
Highlights of Myanmar
Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake & Ngapali Beach
from £3000 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- This itinerary provides a brilliant introduction to Myanmar including all the highlights with brilliant guiding throughout
- With over 2,000 temples dotted around the landscape, Bagan is one of the true highlights of Asia
- This itinerary is brilliant for foodies with a unique cooking class and an evening Yangon tour to the hot spots in the city
Myanmar for Teenagers
Yangon, Kalaw, Inle Lake, Mandalay, Yandabo, Bagan & Ngapali
from £4200 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- Perfect to visit in October Half Term, Christmas, February Half Term and Easter Holidays
- Perfect family adventure filled with fun activities
- Lots of opportunities to head off cycling through the countryside
Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Loikaw, Inle Lake, Kalaw, Ngapali Beach
from £4100 pp inc flights & transfers for 17 nights
- Some of the most enriching experiences in Myanmar involves meeting the locals, whether that’s the fascinating ‘long-necked ladies’ of Loikaw or the farmers in Inle Lake – each has a unique story to tell
- This itinerary allows you to explore the country at a leisurely pace, so why not sit and watch the sunsets over the Irrawaddy River, the sunrises over Bagan and enjoy a warm drink while taking a moment for yourself
- This itinerary whisks you away to Myanmar’s hidden gems, whether its the temples that have been left untouched, the remote hill villages or an array of barely trodden hiking routes
Location & directions
Ngapali Beach, Burma
Nestled among the coconut palms on Ngapali Beach, the Sandoway Resort is a traditional style property with stunning ocean views over the Bay of Bengal.
How to get there
15-hour flight (via Bangkok) to Yangon. Sandoway Resort is a 45-minute flight from Yangon, followed by a 30-minute drive from Thandwe airport.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator