Work with us
Are you interested in a job with Scott Dunn either in the UK or abroad? Do you own a property you'd like us to consider adding to our portfolio? Explore the opportunities to work with us here.
Opportunities often come up to work at our head offices in London and Chichester, and we also recruit staff for the winter season in our Alpine ski resorts, and for the summer season in our Mediterranean villas. If you're keen to expand your horizons by working abroad for a premium tour operator, Scott Dunn might be just right for you.
Why work with us?
We're a dynamic company with a great brand and a renowned reputation in the world of luxury vacations. Unlike many tour operators, many of our seasonal staff come back season after season to work hard but also enjoy everything that comes with living abroad for a while.
What are we looking for?
Everyone who works for Scott Dunn, from our directors and travel specialists to our resort staff, loves travel, and the travel industry. We pride ourselves on our in-depth destination knowledge, our attention to detail and our ethos that nothing is too much trouble. If you have a passion for travel, you're conscientious and you are good at working with people, you're in a good starting position.
Visit our careers website for more information and current vacancies.
Senior Marketing Manager
About Scott Dunn
Scott Dunn USA is a leading luxury travel company based in San Diego, specializing in customized journeys for discerning travelers.
Established in the UK in 1986, Scott Dunn has grown into an international organization with the opening of Scott Dunn USA in Solana Beach, California in 2016 and Scott Dunn Asia in Singapore in 2017.
Scott Dunn USA has a team of more than 30 office-based passionate travelers who create exquisitely crafted, customized private journeys to destinations around the world.
It is recognized as a premium brand in the sector, creating “once in a lifetime moments” across the globe. Distinguished by delivering the highest levels of service to its guests, Scott Dunn has secured the title of ‘Favorite Specialist Tour Operator’ for the last seven years in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Awards 2019.
While the global business is already very successful, generating revenues in excess of $180m, Scott Dunn USA is still relatively new when compared to the UK operation and this is where we see much of our future growth. To do this there is a clear need to continue investing in people, processes and systems to establish the optimal infrastructure and culture in order to deliver the next phase of profitable growth here in the US.
As part of this investment Scott Dunn USA wish to appoint a talented Senior Marketing Manager.
Scott Dunn is seeking a highly motivated, creative and analytical Senior Marketing Manager to join our team in San Diego. You will be responsible for acquiring new guests in the US as well as create strategies to retain existing guests.
As the owner of the marketing strategy for the US, you will work on optimizing existing PR, events, partnerships and word-of-mouth marketing programs. You will also proactively test and scale new programs and play a critical role in developing and improving our marketing strategy.
This is a key role for the US business and is office-based, combined with limited overseas travel. You will directly report into the President, Scott Dunn USA with matrixed reporting into the global Chief Marketing Officer, who is based in the UK. As we continue our strong growth, you will be extremely comfortable working independently with a small team and liaising with the UK head office and have proven experience of working at structured pace to deliver results. This role requires a hands-on approach and the ability to work effectively across teams and geographies.
• Ideate and deliver marketing campaigns to drive bookings from both new and returning guests
• Create an offline marketing strategy for the US, centered around PR, Events, Partnerships and Word-of-Mouth (WOM) marketing
• Develop, execute, manage and optimize multiple lifecycle growth programs, including strategy, test plans, creative development and campaign analysis
• Support key business initiatives for example campaign launches, partnerships, etc.
• Explore and layer in new channels by testing and determining success metrics
• Work jointly with global marketing to create, report and measure the forecast and budget, on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Work closely with the central Digital Marketing team offering local input as needed
• Lead local marketing efforts while also providing input to the global marketing team in the UK, including performance marketing, guest retention and the Scott Dunn USA website
• Have a proven track record of working successfully with PR firms
• Have deep experience in how to develop, measure and scale partnerships
• Be able to scale events for maximum impact with minimal resources (the cookie cutter method)
• Ideally you would understand how to launch and scale a referral program
• Highly analytical, comfortable analyzing data, and using it to make informed decisions
• Experience of working in “luxury product” sector or “high-net worth target marketing” would be an advantage
• Experience in transforming strategic plans into actions
• Experience working across time-zones and cultures, preferably in a matrixed environment
• Small company passion combined with big company experience (or agency experience)
• Self-directed, can work in a small team and influence others (start-up experience a plus)
• Full of initiative and comfortable in a fast-paced, “do it yourself” environment
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• A bias to action
• Strong collaborator
• Can effectively translate the Scott Dunn USA story to partners and suppliers