Larger than the Great Wall of China and the only living thing visible from space, the Great Barrier Reef easily earns its place as one of the seven wonders of the natural world. This 2600km stretch of colorful coral lies along the Queensland coastline in North Eastern Australia, and is home to an abundance of spectacular marine and birdlife.
There are so many diverse ways to experience the Great Barrier Reef and its string of 900 white sand islands, that we’ve put together just a few of our favorites to whet your appetite:
- Take a helicopter over Heart Reef in the Whitsundays, before being dropped on a deserted coral cay for a champagne picnic
- Comb the beaches of Cape Tribulation where the ancient Daintree Rainforest merges seamlessly with the Great Barrier Reef itself.
- Explore the shallow corals at Haggerstone on a guided snorkel with one of our most renowned and experienced guides, Roy Turner.
- Charter the MV Jojo from Lizard Island for an incredible 'catch and release' fishing trip for sailfish, shark and mahemahe.
- Take a night dive to encounter the nocturnal inhabitants of the reef including hunting lion fish and sleeping turtles.
Of course these are just a handful of the experiences we offer. If you want to discuss your own ultimate Queensland vacation, then get in touch with our Australia specialists who can create a itinerary, completely tailored to your preferences and budget.