Great Barrier Reef
Larger than the Great Wall of China and the only living thing visible from space, the Great Barrier Reef easily earns its place as one of the seven wonders of the natural world. This 2,600 km (1,616 miles) stretch of colourful coral lies along the Queensland coastline in North Eastern Australia and is home to an abundance of spectacular marine and bird life.
With so many diverse ways to experience the Great Barrier Reef and its string of 900 white sand islands, we’ve put together a few of our favourite itineraries to whet your appetite:
- Take a helicopter over Heart Reef in the Whitsundays, before being dropped on a deserted coral cay for a champagne picnic
- Comb the beaches of Cape Tribulation where the ancient Daintree Rainforest merges seamlessly with the Great Barrier Reef itself.
- Explore the shallow corals off Hamilton Island by helicopter before touching down on Heart Reef pontoon to enjoy a delectable champagne picnic lunch.
- Charter a private yacht from Lizard Island for an incredible fishing trip before enjoying a delectable seafood lunch on board.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef from both from above and below witnessing the myriad of inhabitants that call the Great Barrier Reef home.
Of course these are just a handful of the experiences on offer. If you want to discuss your own ultimate Queensland holiday, then get in touch with our Australia specialists who will create a bespoke itinerary, completely tailored to your preferences and budget.
Great Barrier Reef and Islands, Queensland, Australia
Lizard Island is an award winning hotel offering the ultimate in luxury and exclusivity located directly on the Great Barrier Reef in northern Queensland. Sensational diving opportunities abound and 24 deserted beaches await exploration.
Whitsunday Islands, Queensland, Australia
Located in a secluded, exclusive and private location in the Whitsunday Islands, qualia is an adults-only, luxury property, allowing guests to discover world-class indulgence in a place of outstanding, quintessentially Australian natural beauty.
Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Port Douglas, Australia
Thala Beach Nature Reserve, a member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, is a charming boutique lodge located on the spectacular coastal road between Cairns and Port Douglas in Tropical North Queensland.
Sydney, Uluru, Daintree National Park & Hamilton Island
You will find bountiful breath-taking scenery as you on embark on this ultimate itinerary through some of Australia’s awe-inspiring must-visit locations. From the cosmopolitan city of Sydney to the dramatic desert landscape of the red center and the azure-blue water of the Great Barrier Reef – this really does showcase the very best of Australia’s...