Complimentary activities at Casa Gangotena
Everyday from 6pm-7pm Casa Gangotena offers a selection of complimentary activities, which can be any of the following:
- Enjoy a chocolate tasting experience, focusing on the traditional cacao produced locally for a delicious and rich treat.
- Begin to understand the ancestral medicinal traditions of Ecuador; be part of a mystical energy cleansing experience called 'limpia' and observe a master in the art hard at work.
- Make your way to the Casa Gangotena terrace for stories and tales regaling the history of Plaza San Francisco on which the hotel sits.
- Head to the Casa del Alabado after dark and be transported back to a pre-colonial era for an exclusive experience designed just for guests. The Casa del Alabado houses an impressive collection of artifacts, exploring the indigenous beliefs of the locals.
- Explore historical Quito on foot, heading from Plaza Grande to Plaza San Francisco and taking in the highlights of the Old Town.
- A tour of Casa Gangotena itself reveals long forgotten secrets and stories which bring this centennial mansion to life.
- Learn how to perfect the recipe for 'Agua de Frescos', the traditional house beverage which blends herbs and flowers to form a colourful and healthy refreshment.