We interview Founder of Scott Dunn, Andrew Dunn, to discover the heritage of the company.
Top 10 facts, figures and things you didn’t know about Scott Dunn
1. Scott is an old family name of Andrew Dunn’s, it is not only his father’s name but also his grandfather’s and great grandfather’s.
2. We once closed a pyramid in Egypt for a private dinner for an esteemed guest – nothing is too much trouble!
3. We sell customized vacations to 99 countries around the world, with Ethiopia being the most recent addition. Which country will be number 100?!
4. The childcare team have 118 full season winter nannies and 83 full season summer nannies.
5. Scott Dunn’s current permanent staff have a combined service length of 564 years. From Andrew Dunn’s 28 years to our newest starter’s two weeks.
6. Last year we organized a wedding in a hot air balloon over the Mara in Kenya.
7. We’ve won a Condé Nast Traveler Award for the last 4 years in a row. Thank you to our guests for continuously voting for us.
8. There are 11 x Kate, Katie, Katherine combinations and 10 x Sarah/Sara combinations within the Scott Dunn team – confusing to say the least.
9. Our Consultants spent 2,161 days visiting properties, exploring destinations and trying new experiences last year alone, ensuring they have the best knowledge for their area of expertise.
10. We get through 14,000 chocolates over a ski season.
For more information visit our website at scottdunn.com or give us a call on 020 8682 5000.