The Scott Dunn story began in 1986 when a young British ski fanatic Andrew Dunn had a bold idea that would revolutionize the ski industry. He built an awesome team of ski experts, which included present Guest Operations Director Oliver Evans, acquired a couple of ski chalets, and started to craft luxury ski chalet and hotel experiences for some seriously discerning guests. Together they changed the way chalets were run and set the gold standard for ski vacations.
Private fully-staff and catered Scott Dunn villas in the Mediterranean soon followed. Before long, the company was gaining renown for its no-holds-barred approach to catering for families.
A decade later, Scott Dunn branched out and started taking guests to incredible destinations right around the world, harnessing the same focus on adventure and luxury, and word got around about our reputation for having a 'nothing is too much trouble' philosophy. The passion for family travel remained and today you can book your children into one of many professionally run Scott Dunn kids clubs in a host of popular destinations.
Now with offices in the UK, US and Singapore, every vacation you take with Scott Dunn is still intricately customized around your interests and budget. You also get full peace of mind knowing that all of our travel experts know their specialists regions inside out. Every time they recommend a property or experience, you can trust that they've been there, done that themselves so know it's perfect for you and your party.
Customized private journeys worldwide. African safaris. Foodie forays. Barefoot luxury beach breaks. Stunning private villas in Europe. Family and multi-generational vacations. Whatever you're looking for, we're waiting to craft something extra-special just for you.
Refer a friend
We're passionate about what we do here at Scott Dunn and love nothing more than hearing back from happy guests. We also get a buzz when we're approached by friends and family of those who have traveled with us and would also like our help. It shows we're doing something right!
At Scott Dunn we aim to travel responsibly and tread lightly, leaving a positive imprint on the destinations we visit. While the effects of climate change, plastic pollution and global poverty represent huge challenges, we are fully committed to being responsible both in the workplace and the destinations we visit. With new information emerging almost daily, any Responsible Travel Policy is a work in progress, but you can be assured that we are continually developing and refining robust strategies to minimize any negative impact we may have on our planet. Responsible Travel is integral to Scott Dunn and we are proud to help our guests travel as consciously and responsibly as possible.
Protecting the Environment
It can be easy to feel overwhelmed at the environmental threats facing our planet but there are many small steps we can all take to make a positive difference. At Scott Dunn, we are committed to reducing our negative impact on the environment.
- Since 2018, all our mailings are wrapped in 100% biodegradable potato starch instead of plastic wrappings. This has reduced our single-use plastic wrapper usage significantly and we continue to look for further solutions to reduce our impact.
- We have a Green Team in each of our offices who are responsible for ensuring that we are as eco-conscious as possible.
- Our USA office support the Surfrider Foundation, a charitable project dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans and beaches. Inspired by their ethos, our US staff are regulars down on the beach helping to clean up and protect the local coastline.
- By working closely with our overseas ground agents we pledge that by 2023, 90% of the operators we work with will not provide our guests with single-use plastic bottles.
While we endeavour to travel as responsibly as possible, it is a fact that air travel is not sustainable. Yet it is also a fact that 10% of the global population, particularly in the developing world, rely on money from tourism for their livelihood. So, to help mitigate the effects of CO2 emissions produced by aircraft, at Scott Dunn we believe in offsetting our carbon footprint by donating money to renewable energy projects in the countries we visit.
We have partnered with ClimateCare to give our guests the option to offset their carbon footprint for flights booked through us, and from 2020 onwards, we pledge to offset all international travel undertaken by our staff for business purposes.
Protecting and Empowering People
As part of our mission to travel responsibly, we respect and honour all human rights, especially in developing nations where poverty can make the local population vulnerable. Given this, we positively support local community initiatives and enterprises but do not engage in activities which we feel would have a detrimental impact on the lives of local citizens.
- We are committed to ensuring that we are not engaged or complicit in the exploitation of people through forced labour, servitude, child labour or trafficking, in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. Read our full statement here.
- We do not support visits to vulnerable groups including orphanages and any community visits which we feel could have a negative impact on those involved. Instead, we work closely with the charity Pack for a Purpose which assists community projects without being disruptive by encouraging travelers to pack a couple of kilograms of requested supplies in their luggage to be distributed to local charities. All of our staff participate where possible on business trips, allowing Scott Dunn to give something back to the incredible destinations we visit, and we encourage all our guests to get involved too. We are committed to educating and encouraging more of our properties in Africa, the Americas and Asia to work with Pack for a Purpose to bring much needed supplies to more people.
- The Scott Dunn Charitable Fund raises money to support a range of community-based initiatives across the world, including Mary’s Meals where we have partnered with Kachere 1 Primary School in Malawi to provide a daily meal for every child encouraging the children to attend school and improve their future prospects. We are also proud to support CHICKS, a UK children’s charity which provides a free week-long vacation to some of the UK’s most disadvantaged children. We fund one of their retreats in Cornwall for 16 children.
The opportunity to see a wide range of exotic bird, marine and wildlife can be a major factor in choosing a vacation destination. In order to protect this indigenous wildlife, we only work with operators committed to ethical and genuine animal welfare practise. As a result, we do not promote any wildlife experiences which compromise on our animal welfare standards.
We will not sell any activities that exploit wildlife including elephant back riding, cetaceans in captivity, trophy hunting and bull fighting or running. While we work with a small number of properties that do still offer elephant back riding and dolphins in captivity to non-Scott Dunn guests, we pledge to use our influence to encourage these suppliers to stop offering elephant rides by 2022 and non-ethical marine life experiences by 2023.
Meet the team
Everyone at Scott Dunn has a deep, abiding love of travel. When you speak to our travel experts you'll quickly realize that they all have first hand experience of their areas and love the chance to show off their expertise. Here we put faces to the names so you can learn more about them.
Why Scott Dunn?
Why do so many Scott Dunn guests trust us to plan their vacations year after year? It could be our matchless service, attention to detail, and vast portfolio of properties and experiences. The fact that we've won plenty of awards probably helps. In truth, it all boils down to trust. We've been crafting private journeys around the world for more than 30 years and understand how different people like (or need) to travel. We're real people and we take travel personally, bending over backwards to customize every detail of your trip to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime again and again.
Whether it's for a big birthday, an anniversary or wedding, our gift certificates guarantee you instant popularity. Starting at $500, they're redeemable against experiences or a customized vacation to almost anywhere in the world. What's not to like?
Read all about it! Find out what the media is saying about our customized private journeys around the world.
Scott Dunn Charitable Fund
The Scott Dunn Charitable Fund supports a variety of community-based projects right around the world. Money raised through the fund goes directly to charitable projects that promote education, community development and conservation that bring real long-term improvements to the lives of many in poverty stricken and remote areas.
From Laurent-Perrier and Bamford to British Airways, we work with a range of partners to ensure our guests enjoy the best possible vacation experience from start to finish.
This is your go-to resource for all things travel related. Everything you'll need to know, from insurance and bookings to what to pack and where to get the latest information on visas and vaccinations.
Join the team
Want to work for an award-winning, international travel company with great perks and a dynamic team that’s, quite literally, going places? Are you a firm believer in the idea that travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer? Ever dreamed of turning your passion into an exciting, rewarding career? We’re currently hiring for an experienced Sales and Service Manager and Senior Marketing Manager to join our team. If you're interested in working with Scott Dunn please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Scott Dunn story
What is a tour operator?
We're a travel company specializing in customized luxury vacations. We describe ourselves as a "tour operator" but you might also call us a "travel agent".