Dream Mountain Resort
Kalaw, Myanmar (Burma)
At a Glance
Discover the meaning of flavour as you sample the seductive fusion of Indian, Nepal and Burma which permeates local cuisine.
Sink into tranquillity on your private terrace as you sip on freshly brewed tea, watching the buzz of the town below.
Feel the adrenaline rush as you dash along the narrow paths of the Kalaw valley with the hills looking above on a mountain bike, available for hire at Dream Mountain.
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Burma is during the dry season from October to April. At this time the warm and sunny days are ideal for sightseeing throughout the country. March sees temperatures start to rise followed by the wet season from June to September. Although monsoons cause some regions shut down during this time, the wet season is well suited for exploring some of Burma's more remote areas on a cruise along the Chindwin or Upper Irrawaddy River.
To start planning your holiday to Dream Mountain Resort
Take respite from the sultry heat at Dream Mountain Resort, perched overlooking the cool clear hills of Kalaw. Ideally located in the tranquil town, relax in old world charm with sweeping views after exploring the beguiling hill station and its charms.
Dream Mountain Resort is a well-located boutique hotel in the Burma's beautiful scenic hill station of Kalaw. Each of hotel's 38 air-conditioned rooms are simply but elegantly furnished, with many offering stunning views over the surrounding hills.
There is an on-site a la carte restaurant and a snack bar, with many other options within walking distance to the property. Although there's no swimming pool, there is a library, garden area, spa and wellness centre and a sun terrace - the perfect spot to relax are a busy day exploring Kalaw and its surroundings.
Family Fun in Myanmar
Yangon, Kalaw, Inle Lake, Mandalay, Yandabo, Bagan & Ngapali
from £4200 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- Perfect to visit in October Half Term, Christmas, February Half Term and Easter Holidays
- Perfect family adventure filled with fun activities
- Lots of opportunities to head off cycling through the countryside
Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Kalaw, Inle Lake
from £2500 pp inc flights & transfers for 11 nights
- Myanmar is a true gem in the Asian crown, this stunning country is relatively untouched, so a trip here really feels unique
- From the arid Bagan landscape to the verdant countryside surrounding Inle Lake or the vibrant fluttering prayer flags adorning the pagodas the scenes you will glimpse are truly breath-taking
- Myanmar is immensely rich in culture and its vibrantly varied history is what makes this beautiful country so fascinating
Location & directions
Kalaw, Myanmar (Burma)
Dream Mountain can be found on a small hill overlooking the former hill station of Kalaw, close to the temples and historic centre.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator