Our Brazil Consultants have put together their top ten things to see around this vibrant country to show why it should be on everyone’s bucket list.
1. Rio de Janeiro for its pulsating rhythms, bustling Copacabana beach, iconic Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain.
2. Salvador, the hub of Brazil’s Afro-Brazilian tradition and culture where the streets are alive with the buzz of percussion displays and dance shows.
3. The stunning white beaches of the Bahia region, with Transcoso, Corumbau and Itacare being amongst the most gorgeous.
4. The awe-inspiring Amazon rainforest where experienced guides can take you on excursions through the forest to spot caiman and pink dolphins and for those of you feeling intrepid, you can try your hand at piranha fishing!
5. The contrasting Pantanal, the world’s largest wetland area home to an array of wildlife, from anteaters and jaguars to monkeys and more than 600 species of bird. Discover it by foot, horseback or 4×4.
6. The mighty Iguassu Falls consisting of 275 individual waterfalls. Take a high-speed jetboat up the Iguassu River to within a few meters (and sometimes right under) the base of the Falls.
7. For those interested in modern architecture, Brasília is well-worth a visit. A futuristic capital city built in 1960 to replace Rio.
8. Paraty, with its beautifully preserved architecture, cobbled streets and colorful houses, it’s known as one of Brazil’s most exquisite towns.
9. An array of waters sports from surfing and kite-surfing on the Southern Coast to land based activities such as paragliding and exploring the many miles of coastline by beach buggy.
10. Minas Gerais, distinguished for its own style of art known as Barocco Mineiro which can be seen in the architecture of churches, paintings and sculpture.