Where’s trending, what properties are hot and destinations we’re still loving in 2017…
(in no particular order)
1. CANADA: Celebrating 150 years of the Confederation, all National Parks are free of charge in 2017. It’s definitely the year to discover the great wilderness expanses of this awe-inspiring country.
2. BHUTAN: One of the most unspoiled countries on earth, it’s one destination we’re really getting under the skin of over the next year.
3. MIAVANA: Found on a small island off Madagascar, this new ultra-luxury lodge will be offering an incredible “blue safari” experience and we can’t wait for it to open.
4. CAPE TOWN: With the newly opened Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (the world’s largest museum of contemporary African art), this cosmopolitan city has even more to discover.
5. CHOQUEQUIRAO: With less tourists than Machu Picchu, this Inca refuge will have a new cable car in 2017 to take you to the breathtaking ruins in 15 minutes.
6. LAMIMA: Hop on the world’s largest timber sailing yacht, Lamima, and explore the idyllic Komodo Islands in style.
7. ICELAND: It’s been hot all of 2016 and it’s still on trend in 2017…
8. JAPAN: Looking for world-class skiing combined with stunning landscapes and culture? Japan has it…
9. CRYSTAL ESPRIT: Island hop around the islands of the Seychelles on a small, high end cruise with its own submersible to slip under the waves in.
10. OKAVANGO DELTA: You can now spot the Big Five in Botswana with the reintroduction of both black and white rhinos. And with the newly renovated andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp there’s never been a better time to visit.
11. FINLAND: Celebrating 100 years of independence with year-round events in every region from al fresco concerts to communal culinary experiences.
12. BELMOND GRAND HIBERNIAN: The first rail experience of its kind in Ireland, this train traverses the sprawling countryside and dramatic coasts of the country.
13. CHILE: With a new wilderness area designated in Patagonia, the sheer beauty of the landscape needs to be seen to be believed (and for the Brits, the new direct flights from London make the journey a whole lot easier).
14. LUXURY PRIVATE YACHT: Explore the coast of Croatia on your own private yacht, being waited on hand-and-foot.
15. SHIPWRECK LODGE: The much anticipated Shipwreck Lodge will finally open in 2017, the first lodge to be built on the coast in the Skeleton Coast park.
16. RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK: This park, known for it’s population of tigers, has been named a top destination for 2017 by National Geographic.
17. ALASKA: A land of jaw-dropping beauty and new to Scott Dunn for 2017, we can’t get enough of this place.