The Oberoi New Delhi
Delhi, Delhi and the North, India
At a Glance
The views from the bedrooms over the golf course's incredible lush greenery towards Humayun’s Tomb, is a real treat in the hectic city
The Oberoi's restaurant and bar quality and variety is wonderful
The fabulous dimsum at the Taipan restaurant, and the sushi station at Threesixty°
The Club Bar's eclectic collection of cigars reminiscent of English Gentleman Clubs
The amazing well lit 'Tree of Life’ wooden sculpture, carved by the Gujarat School of Art, in prime position in the lobby
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Due to temperatures and precipitation, Delhi and much of northern India can be an extreme place to visit during certain months of the year. The hottest months of the year are May and June, during which time temperatures can get up to 40°C. The coldest months are from December until February whilst the monsoon season is from the end of May through to August. During this time although the the temperature cools, the humidity is very high, and rainstorms are frequent. It is not advised to visit during these months. The best season to visit is between October and March when the weather is pleasant and very cool, making it great for sightseeing.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to The Oberoi New Delhi or take a look at our itineraries to India
The Oberoi New Delhi was refurbished in 2018 and is a luxurious hotel situated right in the centre of town, overlooking the verdant golf course. The facilities are fantastic and the hotel is perfectly located for sightseeing.
The Oberoi is one of Delhi’s most exclusive hotels located in the heart of New Delhi, overlooking the lush greens of the Delhi Golf Club and the World Heritage Site of Humayun's tomb. It is minutes away from the busy commercial centres of Connaught Place, Nehru Place and within walking distance of Pragati Maidan, the international trade fair and exhibition grounds.
The hotel's 220 rooms and suites are decorated to an extremely high and luxurious standard. The Oberoi provides levels of service and comfort that one would expect from one of world’s best luxury hotel groups and guests can enjoy a personalised butler service whilst staying at the hotel.
The hotel’s Chinese and French restaurants have all won awards and are considered to be some of the finest in Delhi. For those who want to relax, there is a full-sized swimming pool and a spa and fitness centre run by the Banyan Tree group.
Some of the sights located nearby include the India Gate, the Humayun Tomb, (the first Mughal Garden Tomb built in the 16th century), Purana Qila and Rashtrapati Bhawan, designed by Lutyens where the Viceroy once lived and now the official residence of the President of India.
The Oberoi New Delhi offers guests 279 rooms and suites split between Deluxe Rooms, Executive Suites, Deluxe Suites, the Luxury Suite, the Duplex Suite, the Curzon Suite and the Kohinoor Suite. For the ultimate in luxury book yourself into the Kohinoor Suite featuring a living room, dining room with a service pantry, a fully-equipped study, master bedroom, a private living room and a relaxation room furnished with a treadmill and massage bed.
Children are very welcome to come and stay at The Oberoi New Delhi. There is a babysitting service which can be arranged upon request.
Restaurant facilities at the Oberoi New Delhi include: Threesixty° all day buffet dining of world cuisine; Travertino a fine dining experience of traditional Italian cuisine; Taipan, an award winning restaurant offers the best of Schezwan and Cantonese cuisine. Club Bar and Enoteca Bar and lounge, provide the bar settings while Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen offer a more tranquil retreat for tea connoisseurs.
The hotel offers complimentary use of the swimming pool and fully equipped fitness centre. Spa treatments are charged at an additional cost. Some of the sights located nearby include the India Gate, the Humayun Tomb, (the first Mughal Garden Tomb built in the 16th century), Purana Qila and Rashtrapati Bhawan, designed by Lutyens where the Viceroy once lived and now the official residence of the President of India. Others further afield include the Jama Masjid mosque, Qutab Minar, the Red Fort (the seat of the Mughal Empire) and the Bahai Temple.
Dominic Atterton (Staff)
The Oberoi New Delhi has an excellent location for exploring Delhi close to Khan Market and Old Delhis sites. I was completely unprepared for the views out of my bedroom which overlooked the Delhi Golf Course. You are surrounded by greenery with eagles swooping and really spectacular sunsets. The hotels pool is huge and very peaceful as it is also flanked by the grounds of the golf course. The dining options at the hotel are very special, I loved the sushi which is greatly appreciated after a long India itinerary
Clare Monro (Staff)
The Oberoi has lovely views over the green spaces nearby and the city, so it doesn't feel like you are in the middle of Delhi. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious, and the dining options very good. It is of an international standard and works very well with other Oberoi properties throughout India.
Jessica Cator (Staff)
The Oberoi is a classic and charming hotel which has, without a doubt, the best views of the city, to any other hotel. Do not miss the restaurant on the 9th floor, not only is the food great but your eyes can feast on the sights of Delhi as well. This is great choice for people who has never been to India before and are looking for a safe option to ease them into life in India.
Susie Reynolds (Staff)
With a delightful range of dining options and impressive views over the lush green golf course or towards Houmayans Tomb, the Oberoi delivers classic luxury and spectacular food. The spa and new pool are delightful and staff utterly charming. A simple and straightforward, fuss free choice while staying in Delhi.
Emma Neale (Staff)
What I really liked about this stylish city hotel were the restaurants and bars! The quality of food and the people watching in 360 in particular was a real highlight of my time there.
Delhi by night
Delhi has some of the most amazing restaurants. We always keep our ear to the ground about the latest places to dine, and speak to all our guests about dinner reservations before they travel.
Delhi Street Food Tour
Head to Old Delhi's most famous market, Chawri Bazaar, and discover the incredible sights and smells. Your foodie tour will take you around the narrow streets, where your guide will talk you through the variety of delicacies on offer.
Explore New Delhi
Explore New Delhi, the area that Britain constructed between 1911 and 1931 as their new Imperial capital in India. Think of leafy, wide avenues, and white-washed bungalows. See the vast Rajpath, the Parliaments Buildings and Humayun's Tomb.
Explore Old Delhi
Explore Old Delhi on foot and rickshaw, visiting the Jama Mosque, Kinari Bazaar and Khari Baoli to get a taste of the traditions of this medieval city.
India by Train
A train journey in India can be an exceptionally rewarding experience. You see the life and soul of India in its many stations, as well as fantastic views of India's countryside.
Old and New Delhi
Take a full day exploring both Old and New Delhi taking a Rickshaw through Chandni Chowk and visiting the Jama Masjid Mosque, Rajpath & Humayun's Tomb.
Salaam Baalak walk in Delhi - Paharganj
During Salaam Baalak Trust City Walk, you will be guided by a young adult who used to live in the streets of Delhi before joining Salaam Baalak Trust. Your walk will give you a unique perspective and at the same time empower a worthwhile programme.
The Mughal Gardens
Take a stroll through the beautiful Mughal Gardens located in the President's Palace in Delhi.
Epic India: Spotting Snow Leopards
Delhi, Leh, Ulley Valley & Delhi
from £6600 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- Dates for the expeditions are 26 November - 10 December 2019 / 5-16 January 2020 / 2 -13 February 2020 / 16 February - 27 February 2020 /22 March - 2 April 2020
- The snow leopard itinerary in Ladakh is based on set departure dates and is a small, group tour. As these departure dates are on a join-in basis you will be joined by additional participants other than Scott Dunn guests on the expedition.
- The majority of time in Ladakh is spent at elevations of 11,800 feet or higher, with the highest sleeping altitude at 13,000. Anyone with a history of medical. problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before considering this trip.
Ladakh In Style
Delhi, Nubra & Thiksey
from £4500 pp inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- This itinerary allows you to get totally off the beaten track whilst staying in some spectacular accommodation with two Ultimate Travelling Camps
- Through this itinerary you'll be able to enjoy exceptional experiences such as walks through remote villages, monasteries and trekking
- Itinerary includes a drive over the highest motorable pass in the world, surrounded by striking scenery
Delhi, Alwar, Rathambore National Park, Jaipur, Udaipur
inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- Plunge into the vast vistas as you drive through rural India, stopping at local markets and watching the colourful daily life of Rajasthan
- Immerse yourself into the buzz of Delhi taking a Rickshaw through Chandni Chowk and visiting the Jama Masjid Mosque, Rajpath & Humayun's Tomb
- Search for the Bengal tiger on privately guided safari tours through the lush Ranthambore National Park
Northern India and Oman for Teenagers
Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur & Muscat
from £5800 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- Great family itinerary, ideal for children 6+
- Great combination of culture, wildlife and adventure in India and beach and relaxation in Oman
- Perfect during school holidays, especially over Christmas and New Year, February Half Term Easter and October Half Term
Rajasthan in Ultimate Luxury: Oberoi Hotels
Delhi, Agra, Jaipur & Udaipur
from £4600 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- Travel in style with the outstanding Oberoi group - owner of some of the worlds best hotels
- Excellent value for money, especially in the summer, when combining a range of Oberoi Hotels
- Visit the highlights of Rajasthan with Scott Dunn's expert guides and your own private driver
Ultimate Nepal and India
Kathmandu, Pokhara, Annapurna Trek, Delhi, Agra & Jaipur
from £4700 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Lovely combination showcasing the highlights of Nepal and India
- Huge amount of history and culture included in the itinerary and a brilliant introduction to Nepal and India
- Lovely mix of bustling cities including Delhi and Kathmandu and the charming destinations of Jaipur and Pokhara.
Ultimate North India
Delhi, Varanasi, Agra, Jaipur, Shahpura & Udaipur
from £5500 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- This itinerary includes stops in the main cultural cities of Northern India including Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur and Udaipur
- We have included a private guide and driver throughout for you, to really see and experience the best of North India
- Chance to experience rural Rajasthan with a relaxing stay in Shahpura
Location & directions
Delhi, Delhi and the North, India
The Oberoi is located in the heart of New Delhi, overlooking the lush greens of the Delhi Golf Club and the monument, Humayun's tomb. It is minutes away from the busy commercial centres of Connaught Place, Nehru Place, and the offices of Central Government Ministries and is within walking distance of Pragati Maidan, the international trade fair and exhibition grounds.
How to get there
Fly into Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport. From there, The Oberoi Delhi is then a just a 30-minute transfer away.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator