At a Glance
Nepali, Continental, Chinese and Indian cuisine
60 tastefully decorated guestrooms
Offers various activities like paragliding, bird watching, hiking
Superb views over the Annapurna Range
Accessed by a short boat ride
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Nepal has a Monsoonal climate with four main seasons. Autumn and spring are the two most favourable seasons for visiting Nepal. Autumn (September to early December) brings in clear weather with sunny days and warm nights. Spring (March to May) with occasional rain falls. From June to September, is the monsoon season. Uncomfortable time to visit as the climate of Nepal at this time of year brings about hot weather and rain falls almost every day.
To start planning your holiday to Fishtail Lodge
A small hotel in a peaceful location on a peninsula at the side of Phewa Tal Lake, just a few minutes walk from Pokhara. With superb views over the Annapurna Range, it is ideal for a pre or post trek base, offering clean and comfortable rooms.
The Fishtail Lodge is located on the edge of the Phewa Tal Lake and just 5kms away from the airport. It cannot be accessed by road and so upon arrival guests are transported there either by its shuttle floats or boats. The Lodge offers 60 comfortable rooms with views either out on to the immaculate gardens or towards the lake and Annapurna range.
There is one restaurant at the hotel, renowned for its food and well positioned for fantastic views of the mountains. There is a cosy bar and fireplace which is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day exploring the local area. Some fantastic hiking in the surrounding landscape, fishing in the many rivers and lakes which are home to almost 120 varieties of fish, horse riding and birdwatching are all in easy reach. You can also take boating trips to explore the lake, go paragliding, play a round of golf or take to the skies in an ultra light aircraft.
Profits generated by Fish Tail Lodge are donated to the Princess Jayanti Memorial Trust which provides free cardiac care to underprivileged Nepalese people and conducts various programmes to raise public awareness regarding the causes of heart diseases in Nepal.
Fishtail Lodge offers 60 rooms - 48 Standard rooms and 12 Deluxe Rooms. Rooms have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning/heating, TVs, telephones and fridges.
Facilities at the hotel include a swimming pool, restaurant and bar. Other standard facilities include a prompt laundry service, email / fax service, STD / ISD, safe deposit locker, foreign currency exchange, doctor on call and a Travel Desk. Guests can relish delicious Nepali, Continental, Chinese and Indian cuisine in our restaurant overlooking the lake. The Cozy Bar / Fireplace is an ideal place to unwind with an exotic drink after a busy day.
The hotel offers complimentary bird watching, walking and sightseeing. Other activities include fishing, golf, horse riding, boat trips out onto the lake, paragliding and flight in ultra light aircraft to get a very different perspective of the stunning local landscape.
Daniel Smith (Staff)
The Fishtail has the best location in Pokhara right on the lake and offering spectacular views over the Annapurna Range. Its rooms though are a little tired, and the hotel is in need of modernisation. If you are happy for something a little simple, but with bags of charm, then it could be the ideal choice.
Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park
from £3100 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- This trip is great for the adventurous amongst you who are happy to scale river rapids, trail the majestic Bengal tiger and hike through mountain passes
- Nepal is a kaleidoscope of colours, whether its countless fluttering prayer flags adorning the stupas and temples or the bright white mountain top snow contrasting the verdant valleys below, the scenes are truly stunning
- Nepal’s trekking is world class and the Annapurna region is a fantastic place to spend a few days hiking, exploring quaint mountain villages and meeting charming locals along the way
Imagine Nepal and Bhutan
Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park, Thimphu, Punakha and Paro
from £5300 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- The epic Himalayan landscapes that stretch across these countries are awe inspiring and we suggest taking time to sit and enjoy the views
- Bhutan measures its wealth its people’s happiness; this ethos will rub off on you creating a sense of zen and tranquillity
- For those that love the great outdoors and vast open spaces coupled with charming people and fascinating cultures then this is the perfect trip for you
Location & directions
Situated on a peninsula with the Fewa Lake on one side and a forest-covered hill on the other in Pokhara.
How to get there
10-hour flight (with one change) to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, followed by a 1-hour domestic flight to Pokhara. Fishtail Lodge is 5 km from the airport in Pokhara.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator