At a Glance
A wonderful boutique hotel in a central location in Vientiane. You can walk directly to Vientiane's restaurants, cafes and boutiques
It's full of charm and character, yet modern and comfortable
The property is home to a wonderful cool and crisp swimming pool, ideal in Vientiane's steamy heat
Boasts a wonderful French restaurant, La Signature, that has a romantic European atmosphere
There are no specific facilities for children and families, but they are very welcome
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
November to April is the best time to visit Laos with dry and warm weather, with March and April being the hottest months. October and May are also good months to visit with only a bit of rain. July to September are the wettest months in Laos.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Ansara Hotel or take a look at our itineraries to Laos
Located down a quiet street in the centre of Vientiane, Ansara is a charming and graceful boutique hotel with just 28 rooms. It's arguably the prettiest hotel in central Vientiane, and perfect for those who prefer a more intimate experience.
Ansara is a charming property that sits within walking distance of the Mekong River, the night market and many of Vientiane's restaurants and boutiques. Newly built but with traditional architecture in mind, Ansara oozes colonial charm and has a very sophisticated and peaceful ambiance. The property is incredibly attractive; think beautifully arched windows, polished wooden floors, a wonderful al-fresco dining area and fragrant tropical gardens. Recently a new sleek pool has been added, ideal as Vientiane can get quite hot. The rooms are furnished with a blend of contemporary Lao and traditional Asian designs.
Dining is a real treat at La Signature, which serves elegant French cuisine in their first floor restaurant or out on the terrace. It's a wonderful and romantic experience. Vientiane offers a plethora of great restaurants as well, most of which are in walking distance of Ansara.
Ansara is not an overly luxurious property but it's incredibly comfortable, stylish and full of charm. This, combined with its fantastic location, makes it one of our favourite options in the city.
There are 24 rooms and four suites in total. The most affordable option is the Savvy Room; these are a little on the small size but are beautifully decorated with polished wood floors, dark contemporary furniture, crisp white sheets, and touches of Laos silk and art. They boast balconies and come in double, twin and triple. The Suite Chathabouly is much larger and spoiling, with a large living area, lofty ceiling and separate bathroom. This has a lovely big balcony overlooking the garden. For those who would like a little more space, Suite Inpeng is the ideal option. It feels homely but spacious. Suite Impeng is a similar size to Chathabouly and is perfect for couples and even boasts a private Jacuzzi. Last but not least is Suite Mixay, the largest and most luxurious of all. This is idea for families as it's a two bedroom suite, one room with a king-bed and the other with twin beds.
Families and children are more than welcome at Ansara. Suite Mixay has 2 bedrooms so it's ideal for families. As Ansara is a small boutique hotel there are no specific facilities for children.
Clare Barratt (Staff)
An all rounded hotel in the centre of Vientiane with an inviting pool at the centre and rooms overlooking it. The Savvy Rooms here are the lead-in room category and are very comfortable and spacious with a small balcony. Staff are very polite but not all of them speak competent English. Best for couples as room set-ups dont make it easy to accommodate young children.
Laos by Helicopter
A glorious journey by private helicopter that takes in Vientiane, the Plain of Jars and Luang Prabang. There's no better way to see and experience the glorious mountain scenery of Laos.
Vientiane City Tour and Buddha Park
Get the most out of Vientiane by exploring the ancient wats of the city, the fascinating COPE centre and ethereal Buddha Park on the banks of the Mekong.
Vientiane Half Day Tour
Our half-day tour of Vientiane takes in the city's most impressive temples, known in Laos as a 'wat'. The guided tour also takes in Patuxai, That Luang and the COPE exhibition.
Vientiane Market Tour and Cookery Class
Enjoy a visit to a local market, followed by a traditional cookery lesson in a private home that overlooks the Mekong River.
Vientiane Morning Textiles Tour
This tour is designed for those interested in local art and textiles as it takes in Talat Sao, otherwise known as 'the morning market', which has a huge selection of Laos textiles.
Vientiane Night Safari by Tuk Tuk
This thrilling evening tour by tuk-tuk explores the food night market close by to the golden temple of That Luang that glistens in the evening. The market comes alive in the evening and is a firm favourite with the locals, with few tourists to be seen!
Vientiane, Champasak and Luang Prabang
from £2800 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- Explore UNESCO town Luang Prabang, the sleepy capital of Vientiane and the untouched rural scenery of Southern Laos all in one itinerary
- Explore the Royal Palace, swim in a refreshing waterfall, witness the Mekong roaring around 4000 islands and soak up the atmosphere at Wat Phou, Angkor Wat's little brother.
- In Vietnam they have a saying, 'Vietnamese grow rice, but Laotians watch rice grow'. Take it slow in this sleepy hidden gem of a country, meeting friendly locals and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Luang Prabang, Nong Khiaw, Vientiane & Champasak
from £2900 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- Cultural encounters at every turn as you travel throughout the unique and explorative country of Laos
- Leap into the gorgeous countryside, beautiful temples and wonderfully peaceful atmosphere that awaits you in Luang Prabang
- Perfect for adventure lovers, Nong Khiaw in one of the most beautiful areas of the country with the winding Nam Ou River framed by dramatic limestone mountains
Off the Beaten Track Indochina
Vientiane, Muang La, Nong Khiaw, Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Mai Chau, Tam Coc, Phnom Penh, Battambang, Siem Reap
from £6800 pp inc flights & transfers for 21 nights
- Visit the astonishing temples of Angkor, including Angkor Wat, with our specialist guides who are able to judge the busiest times at each temple and will ensure you reach each one just after the crowds have departed.
- Spend time in Battambang, Cambodia, a beautiful colonial town with a genteel old world feel.
- Get to know Cambodia's arty capital city, Phnom Penh that's brimming with cafes, restaurants and boutiques.
Vientiane, Muang La, Nong Khiaw & Luang Prabang
from £3800 pp inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- Explore the remote and hidden parts of northern Laos, perfect for adventurous families and couples
- Luang Prabang is an incredibly scenic, serene and relaxing place to unwind with the country's best hotels and resorts.
- Visit some of the most untouched hill tribe villages in southeast Asia
Location & directions
Ansara Hotel sits in the centre of Vientiane, not far from the night market and the Mekong river.
How to get there
14-hour international flight (one change) to Laos Wattai International Airport. Ansara is a 15-20 minute drive from the airport.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator