Tam Coc Garden
Ninh Binh, The Far North, Vietnam
At a Glance
Just 16 rooms make up this charming resort giving it a really intimate feel
Tam Coc Garden is a charming boutique resort surrounded by glistening rice paddies and limestone peaks.
The hotel boasts a lovely swimming pool with a spectacular backdrop
There's free bike hire here so make sure you explore the local area
As the name suggests Tam Coc Garden is set amongst beautiful gardens with an abundance of flowers and vegetation
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Northern Vietnam is from February to April and September to November avoiding the heat and the rain. The official peak season in Vietnam is from September to April as these months see the least rain. December to February are the cooler months. May to September is the rainy season with the most rain failing in July and August and typhoons are possible.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Tam Coc Garden or take a look at our itineraries to Vietnam
Tam Coc Garden is a charming, boutique property in the heart of Ninh Binh province. Nestled amongst rice fields and mountains just two hours from Hanoi, it's ideal for those looking for a relaxed setting whilst still being close to the nearby attractions.
The location of Tam Coc Garden is truly picturesque, and the hotel aims to offer an authentic experience throughout, encompassing local design, service and cuisine.
The resort is made up of just sixteen rooms which gives it a lovely intimate feel. The layout is inspired by the region's quaint Tonkinese villages, with bungalows dotted throughout the pretty gardens. The rooms are a good size at 38sqm and are tastefully decorated using local and natural materials, with elegantly patterned floor tiles.
Outside there's a dainty pool with an incredible backdrop; a wonderful place to relax after a day of exploring the natural wonders of the area. The hotel also offers complimentary bicycles, meaning you can head out to explore the gorgeous countryside at your own pace.
Tam Coc Garden's restaurant has a charming rustic feel, with wooden furniture, soft lighting, and like the bedrooms, lovely patterned floor tiles. The menu covers both Western and Asian dishes, but we would recommend going local and sampling the chef's Vietnamese dishes.
Tam Coc Gardens is made up of sixteen Superior, Deluxe and Premium rooms which are all 38sqm and which can take extra beds if needed. Due to the abundance of foliage around the property, the Superior Rooms do not have much of a view, however the Deluxe and Premium Rooms enjoy wider views of the rice paddies and mountains.
Children of all ages are very welcome to come and stay at Tam Coc Garden but there are no specific facilities available for them except for babysitting.
This small yet charming hotel has just one restaurant where guests can sample some delicious local Vietnamese food. Western dishes are also available. There's also a pool bar to can enjoy a fresh evening cocktail made by the warm and hospitable staff.
There's a whole host of activities on offer for guests at Tam Coc Garden from cycling to cooking classes. Enjoy some arts and crafts, practicing calligraphy, making bamboo baskets or even kite making. For something more active try a sampan rowing class on Linh Coc Pier. Back at the hotel enjoy drinks by the pool or reading your book on the terrace before dinner.
Jack Mace (Staff)
Tam Coc Garden was definitely one of the big surprises of my trip I absolutely loved it. Its a charming, boutique property which blends perfectly into its glorious surroundings. As the name suggests, the 8 bungalows which make up this small resort, are surrounded by beautiful flowers and luscious vegetation. Outside of this the backdrop of the hotel if stunning - its surrounded by rice paddies, lotus ponds and limestone mountains. The bedrooms are, as you might expect from a hotel in this relatively unknown area, charming & full of character. Id definitely be recommending it in the future!
Half Day Tour of Dich Long Cave & Pagoda
Dich Long is a complex of pagodas and caves, tucked away on one of the dramatic lime stone mountains in Ninh Binh province. Spend some time exploring the area, fascinating for both its history and scenery.
Half Day Tour of Dinh & Le Dynasty Temples
Due to its mountainous scenery acting as a barrier against invaders, Ninh Binh was once the capital province of Vietnam. Whilst little remains of the ancient capital city of Hoa Lu, two small but intricate temples stand on the site.
Pu Luong Trekking from Mai Chau
From Mai Chau, head deeper into rural Vietnam and onto to Pu Luong. Known for its remote hill tribes, luminous paddy fields and traditional villages you'll trek 6km (3.7miles) through glorious scenery, stopping at villages along the way.
Tam Coc Boat Trip
Tam Coc is an area within Ninh Binh Province, often referred to as 'Halong Bay on Land'. A local rower will take you on a leisurely two-hour boat trip along the Ngo Dong River, which winds its way between dramatic limestone karsts.
Van Long Boat Trip
Set off from Van Long wharf for a two-hour sampan boat trip through picturesque scenery. With your local rower, wind your way along the river and admire the dramatic limestone mountains towering above you, and keep an eye out for wildlife.
Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Mai Chau & Siem Reap
from £3700 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- Combine beautiful rural Laos with the quaint capital city of Hanoi, finishing at the iconic Angkor Wat. A fantastic and varied combination of cultures.
- This beguiling journey focuses on getting you off the beaten track, and no better place to start than in Laos, the hidden gem of Indochina’s well-trodden tourist trail. Whether you are exploring Vietnam's capital, Hanoi, or exploring temples ruins in Cambodia's jungles rest assured you’ll be one step ahead of the crowds.
- Enjoy some of Vietnam's most beautiful and quintessential rural vistas in Mai Chau and Ninh Binh in the far north of the country.
Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Central Coast & Ho Chi Minh City
from £3800 pp inc flights & transfers for 11 nights
- Embed yourselves into the most characterful, boutique properties that are impossible to forget and stand out from the crowd
- Get under the skin of Hanoi’s vibrant art scene with a showcase of a curator’s private collection and visit to an artist’s studio
- Weave between the towering limestone karsts out of the emerald waters of Halong Bay, as you spend the night on an iconic, traditional junk-boat
Off the Beaten Track Indochina
Vientiane, Muang La, Nong Khiaw, Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Mai Chau, Tam Coc, Phnom Penh, Battambang, Siem Reap
from £6800 pp inc flights & transfers for 21 nights
- Visit the astonishing temples of Angkor, including Angkor Wat, with our specialist guides who are able to judge the busiest times at each temple and will ensure you reach each one just after the crowds have departed.
- Spend time in Battambang, Cambodia, a beautiful colonial town with a genteel old world feel.
- Get to know Cambodia's arty capital city, Phnom Penh that's brimming with cafes, restaurants and boutiques.
Hanoi, Mai Chau, Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho & Phu Quoc
from £4000 pp inc flights & transfers for 20 nights
- Combine some of Vietnam's most well-known sights with some lesser known gems in this epic three-week Vietnam adventure
- Explore the famed rural landscapes of Northern Vietnam from verdant hills dotted with villages to rolling rice paddies and ancient caves
- Enjoy the buzz of Vietnam's most lively cities and towns including charming and historic Hoi An, ancient Hue, the modern metropolis of Saigon and the bustling capital of Hanoi
Location & directions
Ninh Binh, The Far North, Vietnam
Tam Coc Garden is located in the province of Ninh Binh close to the beautiful Bich Dong Pagoda. A few hours south of Hanoi, Tam Coc Garden can be easily accessed by car.
How to get there
11-hour flight to Hanoi International Airport. From Hanoi Tam Coc Garden is a 2-hour 30-minute drive south.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator