Tamarind Tree Hotel
Nairobi, Nairobi and Central Kenya, Kenya
At a Glance
Ideally located next close to Wilson Airport for quick morning transfers
A modern hotel with large rooms and excellent service
Plenty of space to enjoy - from the Duka Coffee Shop and Dawa Lounge to the heated swimming pool
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Although Nairobi is situated in the middle of East Africa, its high altitude—about a mile above sea level—means that the city's climate is mild year-round. Summer months in Nairobi are December through March, Winter months, June through to September. The wettest months are in the Autumn, from March through June. April sees upwards of 8 inches of rain on average. Cloudy, rainy days are common in the Autumn. October through December is the region's second rainy season, where "short rains" bring about 5 inches of rain to the area in November. Otherwise rainfall is pretty scarce, about two inches a month. February sees the most sunshine in Nairobi, with about ten hours of daylight.
Call us on 020 3993 5269 to start planning your holiday to Tamarind Tree Hotel or take a look at our itineraries to Kenya
Located right next to Nairobi Wilson Airport, the newly opened Tamarind Tree Hotel is a modern and comfortable city hotel ideal for an overnight stay before heading off on safari.
During a stay at the Tamarind Tree, guests can expect excellent service, from friendly and attentive staff. The hotel comprises 160 guest rooms, ranging from Standard Rooms, Junior Suites, Executive Suites, Superior Suites and Family Suites, all offering plenty of space with king-size or twin beds, a rain shower in a separate cubicle, hair dryer, TV, air conditioning and complimentary tea and coffee. Rooms have been decorated with earthy tones and a modern finish to create a welcoming stay.
Other hotel facilities include the Duka Coffee Shop where tea, coffee and fresh and healthy snacks can be enjoyed; the Dawa Lounge, which offers the perfect spot for afternoon tea or cocktails in the evening; the Tamambo Restaurant where guests can dine in the evening and take breakfast in the morning, and a heated swimming pool for those who have a little extra time to relax in the afternoons.
Masai Mara & Diani Beach
from £3500 pp inc flights & transfers for 9 nights
- Enjoy your meals in true safari style; venture out on a full day game drive and enjoy a home-cooked lunch overlooking a waterhole and watch the action unfold!
- Travel during Jul-Sep and feel the magnitude of the Great Migration as thousands of wildebeest thunder through the Mara River at any moment.
- We’ve chosen a small and authentic tented safari camp which is located right in the wilderness of the Masai Mara. As you sip a cold beer by the campfire, listen to the sound of lions gently roaring in the distance.
Imagine Rwanda and Kenya
Volcanoes National Park, Nairobi, Masai Mara
from £7200 pp inc flights & transfers for 7 nights
- Trekking with mountain gorillas is one of the most sought-after wildlife experiences on the planet and you’ll have the chance to observe these incredible primates in their forest home.
- Let your excitement wander as you journey through the vast, open plains of the Masai Mara in search for leopards, lions and the planet’s greatest wildlife migration.
- This tailormade trip between Rwanda and Kenya is made seamless with the excellent flight connections available in east Africa.
Walking Safari in Kenya
Nairobi, Laikipia & Maasai Mara.
from £6500 pp inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- Fully immerse yourself in the wilderness of northern Kenya as you explore this region on foot and on camel-back. No Wi-fi. No phones. Just you and the astonishing wildlife.
- For us, guides can make or break a safari. You will have a combination of local Samburu tribes and expertly trained guides to enhance your experience throughout your adventure.
- Lose yourself in Laikipia, a playground for adventure seekers. As well as walking through the wilderness, you’ll have the opportunity to experience rock climbing, camel riding and wild swimming.
Location & directions
Nairobi, Nairobi and Central Kenya, Kenya
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator