At a Glance
With just 77 rooms, The Loden is a peaceful boutique hotel
Complimentary bicycles available to guests wishing to explore the city on two wheels
Centrally located to enjoy all that downtown Vancouver has to offer, the hotel is also close to Stanley Park and the scenic sea wall
Situated in an upscale residential neighbourhood
Well-known for superb friendly service
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Vancouver's climate is the mildest in Canada, averaging 20°C in summer and 2°C in winter. But you don't hear much about that accolade. Instead you hear about the rain. Bucket loads of it fall, especially in winter (January, February and March). In the mountains, a mere 20 minutes away, this translates into snow for excellent skiing. TThe average seasonal snowfall at 1600m (5000 feet) is a spectacular 25 metres (75 feet), four or five times the average in most areas of the Alps. July through September are the best bets for sunshine
To start planning your holiday to Loden Hotel
Located on a residential street just a few minutes walk from Vancouver's beautiful Coal Harbour and 10 minutes in to the centre of the city, the boutique Loden Hotel offers a warm welcome and distinctive personalized service in the heart of the city.
Affording one of the best locations in Vancouver, the Loden offers guests a peaceful stay, conveniently located within walking distance of some of the city's most recognised sights such as Stanley Park and the bustling shopping district of Robson Street.
Loden guestrooms are exceptionally well appointed, with natural palettes of wood and cream to evoke a sense of tranquillity amongst a city immersed in the great outdoors. Many guestrooms have great views of Stanley Park, Coal Harbour Marina or the North Shore Mountains and waking to these sights each morning are a great way to start the day.
Adjacent to the hotel, you will find the family-friendly Tableau Bar and Bistro, a casual dining venue offering seasonal and classic dishes as well as hand-crafted cocktails and craft beers from nearby breweries in downtown Vancouver.
As if cycling around Stanley Park isn't enough, guests with a fitness streak can head to the BeFit studio, a spacious gym with high-spec equipment, floor-to-ceiling windows allowing natural light to flood in and a number of free weights and boxing equipment. Hidden in your wardrobe, you will also find a yoga mat to keep you energised after a day of exploring and at the lobby there are complimentary electra-townie bicycles, perfect for exploring the city. For those who want to take it a little more seriously, the hotel's Wanderfit programme will allow guests to experience the natural beauty of West Coast Canada on custom bike rides and hikes with a personal fitness guide, right from the Loden's doorstep.
Guests will enjoy the high level of comfort of the guestrooms at The Loden. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, modern amenities and contemporary furnishings, each room and suite has been thoughtfully designed to ensure guests have a relaxing stay.
Choose from Signature Rooms, Signature Corner Suites with garden terraces to One Bedroom Suites with views of the park.
The hotel welcomes children of all ages but there are no specific facilities for children.
During your time in Vancouver, you can explore the city on foot and discover the delights of Gastown, cycle through Stanley Park and admire the tall totem poles, or head out on a zodiac to view the city's pretty skyline from the water. Those with a real sense of adventure can head up high in a helicopter for a bird's eye view of the city.
Camilla Swift (Staff)
A stylish boutique hotel with a great location for exploring Vancouver, within easy walking distance to the waterfront. Alternatively, hop on one of their complimentary cruiser bikes to cycle around downtown or Stanley Park. A great option for families or couples.
Best of Downtown Foodie Experience
Treat your discerning taste buds to a slice of heaven. The Best of Downtown Foodie Tour showcases the best of Vancouver Cuisine! Over 3 hours you will enjoy 5 courses, 14 tastings and 8 stories. Leave your will power at the door...
Bowen Island by land, sea & air
Explore the vibrant coastal city of Vancouver on foot, by boat and by sea plane on this exciting tour, taking in cultural and natural highlights as you go. Spot seals and eagles as you discover the shores and forests of the region.
Granville Island Market Tour
Our local foodie connoisseurs will bring to life Canada's best-known public market on a fun-filled tour. Led by a chef guide, the tour will be a true highlight for your taste buds. Enjoy donuts, sourdough breads, locally-cured meats and other treats!
Stanley Park Cycling Tour
This is definitely more than just a ride in the park! Your guide will weave through pristine forest trails that criss-cross through iconic Stanley Park, bringing this amazing wilderness city to life with their commentary.
The Mail Run - Seaplane Experience
Fly by float plane and see how people live on Canada’s west coast! Ride along with the locals on our regular flights from Vancouver harbour to the tiny villages and anchorages of the beautiful Gulf Islands.
Vancouver Whale Watching
Every summer some eighty orca whales visit the waters south of Vancouver. Travel out in search of these fascinating creatures and catch a glimpse of humpbacks, as well as sea lions and bald eagles.
Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Clearwater, Ashcroft, Whistler, Vancouver
from £3600 pp inc flights & transfers for 17 nights
- Fasten your seatbelt and start your engine. With your own vehicle, you decide the pace at which you want to discover Western Canada’s rugged outdoor beauty and view its wildlife.
- With a plethora of National Parks and protected sites, glacial lakes, jagged mountains, scenic hiking trails and close encounters with whales and bears, Canada is home to more than its fair share of excitement!
- There are activities to get your heart racing at every location, from adrenaline pumping water sports such as kayaking and rafting, to riding horses across vast open spaces, dramatic coastal walks and hikes to lookout points. There is something to suit all adventurers.
Family Fun in Canada
Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino, Whistler & Sonora Island
from £6500 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- Experience the best of British Columbia with opportunities for adventure at every turn
- Search for whales and bears in BC's most idyllic settings
- An unforgettable road-trip with ferries and seaplanes to give the kids a sense of adventure
Imagine Western Canada
Calgary, Lake Louise, Jasper, Clearwater, Whistler, Tofino, Vancouver
from £4500 pp inc flights & transfers for 17 nights
- Enjoy a classic route through Western Canada, taking things at your own pace whilst you discover the region’s best sights, guaranteed to take your breath away.
- This action-packed adventure is filled with activities designed to get your adrenaline going. From hurtling along fast flowing rivers in a raft to horse riding across “cowboy country”, to canopy walkways, suspension bridges across ravines and even heli-hiking.
- Home to vast National Parks and towering trees, shimmering turquoise lakes, rugged mountains, epic hiking trails and chance encounters with bears and wolves, Canada is about as exciting a destination as it gets!
Location & directions
Located on a quiet residential road, just a few minutes walk from Vancouver's Coal Harbour and 10 minutes walk from the iconic Robson Street.
How to get there
9-hour flight from London to Vancouver followed by 40-minute taxi ride into the city.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator