Nkasa Lupala Tented Lodge
The Caprivi, Namibia
At a Glance
Lose yourself in the African bush, watch from your tent's deck as herds of elephant graze in the lush grass all around.
Discover the hidden waterways of the Caprivi in the golden dusk on a boat cruise, gliding through the arteries of this region and an idyllic way to end an afternoon.
Ask about Nkasa Lupala's sustainable vision, empowering local communities as well as protecting the pristine wilderness for future generations.
Feel the adrenaline rush as you catch a glimpse of a leopard as it emerges from the darkness on a night drive.
Immerse yourself in the romance of the Caprivi, gazing out over the lush waterways from Nkasa Lupala's lookout deck as the sounds of hippos drift on the wind.
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Summer is the best time to visit the Caprivi Strip for bird watching, but visitors should be forewarned that the heat and humidity can be unbearable unless they are at least partially alleviated by rain. Winter (April to October) are the best time to travel for game viewing as it is much cooler and drier, with virtually no rain falling at this time.
Call us on 020 3993 5269 to start planning your holiday to Nkasa Lupala Tented Lodge or take a look at our itineraries to Namibia
Located on the banks of the Kwando-Linyanti River system in north east Namibia, Nkasa Lupala Tented Lodge is a small intimate lodge accommodating 22 guests in just 10 tents. Scenery is lush and green, reminiscent of Botswana's famous Okavango Delta.
Far removed from Namibia's traditional desert landscapes in the south of the country, Nkasa Lupula Tented Camp is situated in a pristine wilderness location surrounded by wetlands and lush scenery within the Nkasa Lupala National Park. This area is rich in wildlife with large herds of elephant and buffalo as well as good predator numbers. The wildlife does vary from season to season and is largely dependent upon the water levels in the area. Guests can explore the area by boat, on game drives or for those more adventurous guided walks can be arranged.
All 10 tents are ensuite and raised on wooden platforms affording views across the open plains and waterways. There is one family unit which comprises one large bedroom with a double and two single beds. Each tent has a large open deck ideal for relaxing in between activities. With over 430 different bird species, a few nights at Nkasa is well recommended for any avid bird watcher or those simply looking to get off the beaten track and discover a true hidden gem.
Highlights of Southern Africa
South Africa, Namibia, Victoria Falls
from £7500 pp inc flights & transfers for 31 nights
- This month-long itinerary is the ultimate tailormade adventure for those who have a lot of time to play with.
- Explore one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Cape Town, before escaping to take on the lesser travelled Northern Cape.
- Journey through Namibia, immersing yourself in the otherworldly, arid landscapes and desert adapted wildlife before enjoying water-based activities in the contrasting Caprivi Strip.
Northern Namibia & Beyond
Okonjima, Etosha, The Caprivi, Chobe National Park, Victoria Falls
from £4500 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Experience the arid, vast wilderness of Etosha, coupled with the lush, verdant landscapes of the Caprivi Strip.
- Out in the wilderness of Namibia, undisturbed by light pollution, gaze up at the midnight sky brimming with star constellations.
- Get some spectacular photos as you observe herds of animals in Etosha’s salt pan, which seems to shimmer in the sun as a result of a mirage effect.
Location & directions
The Caprivi, Namibia
Nkasa Lupala is found in the Nkasa Lupala National Park on the edges of the Kwando Linyanti channels, along Namibia's eastern Caprivi strip.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator