At a Glance
Located in Hakone, near the beautiful Lake Ashi
With just 19 rooms, Yoshimatsu makes for an intimate stay
Enjoy the private onsens here and immerse yourself into the traditional ryokan experience
Enjoy a traditional kaiseki dinner, not to be missed
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Hakone is characterised by a mild climate with high precipitation. The climate here is much cooler than it is in Tokyo. The best time to visit Hakone is from April to November.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Yoshimatsu or take a look at our itineraries to Japan
Surrounded by bamboo trees and hills, Yoshimatsu is a traditional ryokan with beautiful outdoor hot spring baths and a traditional Japanese garden. Rooms come with private hot spring baths and the stunning kaiskei cuisine is some of the best in Hakone.
Located just a short walk away from Lake Ashi, Yoshimatsu is a charming Japanese ryokan with just 19 rooms. Enjoy a stay at this intimate Japanese inn where you can enjoy the onsens, hot springs which are popular in Japan.
In the afternoon unwind with a classic Japanese ceremonial green tea before a walk in the bamboo garden. Choose from a selection of rooms, some with in-room private hot spring baths.
In the evening feast upon an authentic Kyoto-style Japanese kaiseki dinner. Kaiseki is a multi-course dinner and no kaiseki in Japan is the same. It is famous for its meticulous presentation and can have more than 14 courses ranging from sashimi and miso soups to hot pots and pickled vegetables and fish.
Cruise on Lake Ashi of Hakone
Enjoy a delightful scenic cruise on Lake Ashi and admire the beautiful scenery of the surrounds. If you are lucky, get amazing views of Mt Fuji up close!
Scott Dunn Suggests: Walking in and around Hakone
Hakone have some beautiful hiking trails which provide stunning, scenic walks to many of Japans lofty or snowy peaks. Some of the original stone pavements remain which take hikers past tea houses, waterfalls and through overgrown forests.
Kyoto, Mt Fuji & Tokyo
from £3200 pp inc flights & transfers for 6 nights
- The Bullet Train, otherwise known as the Shinkansen, has maximum speeds of 240-320 km/h
- Yoshimatsu will open your eyes to the best of traditional Japanese hospitality and allow you to have the unique experience of a Japanese ryokan
- With three nights in Kyoto you will have plenty of time to delve into the incredible history and culture of Japan
Japan in Spring - Cherry Blossom Season
Tokyo, Kanazawa, Miyajima, Kyoto & Hakone
from £10900 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- March and April is the perfect time to see the Cherry Blossoms, something Japan is well known for
- Tokyo offers some beautiful and often overlooked parks, perfect for viewing the cherry blossom.
- Miyajima is one of the crown jewels of Japan
Location & directions
Yoshimatsu is located in Hakone, only a 4-minute-walk from Lake Ashi.
How to get there
Fly into Tokyo International Airport-Haneda. From there take a 40-minute Shinkansen (bullet train) to Odawara and then a road transfer of 1-hour.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator