Sankara Hotel and Spa
Yakushima Island, Japan
At a Glance
- A divine array of treatments at the spa, which use the hotel’s own blend of natural healing
- Perched on a hilltop overlooking the ocean, lose yourself in the fragrances of Yakushima’s forests
- Japanese and French menus, enjoyed whilst overlooking the pool or ocean
- Spacious rooms which offer flexible spaces for relaxing and enjoying the calmness
- An array of deluxe upgrades available; a spa suite, private dining and multi-day relaxing treatments
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Kyushu is in the spring from March – May with pleasant warm temperatures and autumn from September – November when days will still be warm. The summer months from mid-June to early July can be very wet with torrential rain and July - August are the hottest months with high humidity. December – February is usually reasonable but temperatures can drop below freezing with snowfall.
Call us on to start planning your holiday to Sankara Hotel and Spa or take a look at our itineraries to Japan
Sankara Hotel and Spa offers a sanctuary in the forest of Yakushima Island, with the aim to revitalise guests through indulgent spa treatments and locally-inspired gastronomy.
Samudra Villas are dotted amongst the trees to create a serene and pleasant stay. Each generous accommodation has a bedroom, living area, bathroom and terrace. Décor is sophisticated and natural to blend in with the environment, and large windows provide a lot of light and fantastic views into the forest. A TV, phone, Wi-Fi and fridge are all features. A selection of suites offer ocean views, a premium location and a spa.
Children under the age of 15 are not permitted at the Sankara Hotel & Spa. Children above the age of 15 are welcome, however there are no specific facilities for them.
Nature and active lovers are in for a treat! Embark on a 4 hours hike through ancient trees along a mixture of dirt footpaths and broadwalks.
Drive to Kusasenri and enjoy views of the Mt Aso Crater. Dare yourself with a walk across one of the longest and highest suspension footbridges in the world before continuing to explore the streets and galleries of Yufuin town.
Highlights of Nagasaki
Visit the highlights of Nagasaki including Nagasaki Peace Park and Ground Zero, the Bomb Museum and the Glover Garden. End the tour with a quick stop at the Megami Bridge.
Scenic Beauty of Yakushima
Admire the beautiful scenery of Yakushima as you visit the Senpirao falls and stroll along Yakusugi Land, a park populated by cedar trees of over 1000 years old!
Embark on a 2-3 hour hike in the Kirishima mountain range. The area is filled with stunning highlands, volcanic lakes and hot-springs.
Highlights of Kyushu
Nagasaki, Kurokawa Onsen, Takachiho, Kagoshima & Yakushima
from £7900 pp inc flights & transfers for 8 nights
- Make a trip to Yakushima Island, a pristine island south of Kyushu main island and be amazed by the otherworldly beauty of this mysterious islet. With its rich nature, flora and fauna, the island was designated Unesco World Heritage Site in 1993.
- Discover the impressive Kumamoto Castle, one of the best preserved original castles from ancient Japan.
- Enjoy the hotspring resort towns of Kyushu, particularly renowned in Japan for the most number of onsen and features some of the best in the country.
Location & directions
Yakushima Island, Japan
Yakushima Hotel and Spa is 10 minutes from Senpirono Falls, 30 minutes from Hirauchi-kaichu onsen, 60 minutes’ drive to the mountain and forest walks of Yakusugi Land and 90 minutes to the loggerhead turtles of Hagata Inaka-hama Beach.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator