Artuch Alp Base Camp
Artuch Alp, Tajikistan
At a Glance
- A basic yet comfortable camp with purpose-built cottage accommodation high in the Fann Mountains
- Often the start or end of any trek through the Fanns and the perfect place to acclimatise to the altitude
Infrastructure is more developed here at Artuch Alp, with showers, western toilets and a sauna
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
A mountainous country ideal for trekking, Tajikistan is best visited between July-September when the snows begin to clear leaving high mountain roads and hiking paths more accessible. It is best to avoid winters when temperatures plummet below 0°C and heavy snow may slow down or block road access. Tajikistan is the wettest of the Central Asia nations, with the average annual precipitation around 500-600mm and up to 1,500mm in the mountains.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Artuch Alp Base Camp or take a look at our itineraries to Tajikistan
Perched 2,200 metres above sea level, Artuch Alp Base Camp is a soviet-era climbers camp spread over 15 hectares of mountain meadows. This basic camp is surrounded by stunning mountain scenery and is the start or end point for your Fann Mountain trek.
Accommodation is spread amongst small, purpose-built cottages. Double rooms are available, along with larger rooms for groups travelling together.
Artuch Alp Base Camp has round-the-clock electricity, showers, western toilets and a sauna. There is also a dining hall serving traditional Tajik fare to fuel you for your onwards trek.
Artuch Alp Base Camp is the perfect place to acclimatise yourself to the high altitude of the Fann Mountains before setting off on your trek. To explore a little of the area, you can take the short 2-hour trek to the stunning Chukurak Lake, located 1 kilometre from the camp.
Dushanbe, Nofin, Artuch Alp, Fann Mountains, Khujand, Iskanderkul & Dushanbe
from £2500 pp inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- Traverse through a nation swept with 93% mountain panoramas
- Trek through pristine, untouched nature with crystal clear lakes & oasis of jade green vegetation
- Unravel wealth of history in Tajikistan's less-visited Silk Road cities
Location & directions
Artuch Alp, Tajikistan
Artuch Alp Base Camp is located in the heart of Fann Mountains 80 km away from Penjikent (approximately 3 hours by road) and 280km from Tajikistan’s capital city, Dushanbe.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator