At a Glance
Spacious two bedroom family suite
Stunning boutique hotel in the heart of Windhoek
Exceptionally good food and a wine list to match
Take a dip in the pool then relax on one of the many loungers
Take a 10-minute stroll down to the city centre to visit the Lutheran Christus Kirche or the National Art Gallery
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Windhoek is between May and September, when it's cool and dry. Summer (November to March) is hot with heavy rains that sometimes make the gravel roads to the Namib completely impassable.
December and January see the main school holidays: much of the populace heads to the coast, so if you visit during this time you may find some shops and restaurants closed.
To start planning your holiday to Olive Grove
Olive Grove is an 11-room guesthouse located close to the centre of the capital city of Windhoek. The accommodation is elegant yet simple with space for relaxing and provides a perfect stop before or after safari.
Olive Grove is a small, upmarket hotel situated close to the centre of Windhoek in a quiet, peaceful area and with delightful gardens. Recently completely refurbished each room is decorated with an elegant and simplistic style.
Each room has a large veranda with tables and chairs for al fresco dining. The open-air lounge, spa bath, plunge pool and tranquil garden all invite the visitor to unwind and relax under Namibia’s open skies.
The Wellness Room offers a selection of professional services to help guests relax and de-stress after a long flight or before or after a safari.
The inside lounge is tastefully decorated, with comfortable chairs and a fireplace in front of which to relax. The stunning open plan kitchen creates a homely feel while providing tasty meals.
Olive Grove will turn Windhoek into one of the highlights of any trip.
Accommodation is in eleven rooms. There are five standard rooms located on the ground floor and five luxury rooms located upstairs. Each room is en-suite and has a large veranda with tables and chairs for al fresco dining. There is also an executive suite with its own private lounge and dining area, which also works as a family room. The rooms are stylishly decorated and have a nice airy feel to them.
There are no specific child care facilities available but children of all ages are most welcome at Olive Grove. There is a two bedroom family room.
The open-air lounge, plunge pool and tranquil garden all invite the visitor to unwind and relax under Namibia’s open skies.
Olive Grove is in central Windhoek providing an excellent base for exploring the city. The Wellness Room allows guests the opportunity to relax with a soothing massage or a range of other treatments.
Rose Gemmell (Staff)
Positioned right next door to the Olive Exclusive, this is a perfect overnight spot for anyone who is having a stop over in Windhoek. The rooms are basic but very comfortable and the main restaurant also serves dinner for guests wanting a quiet night in after an overnight flight.
Louisa Verney (Staff)
The Olive Grove is a wonderful oasis in Windhoek and perfect for an overnight stop. The rooms are simply decorated but really comfortable and the staff were helpful. I had a wonderful afternoon relaxing by the pool, the perfect way to recover from an overnight flight.
Highlights of Namibia
Damaraland, Sossusvlei, Swakopmund & Okonjima
from SGD $4100 pp 11 nights
- A classic road trip through Namibia's varied and breathtaking landscapes
- Take in the scenery of the South and the desert-adapted wildlife of the North
- Enjoy superb big cat sightings on the Okonjima Reserve
Off The Beaten Track Namibia
Swakopmund, Damaraland & Ongava
from SGD $4500 pp 9 nights
- Get off the beaten track and see some of the more un-trodden areas of this unique country
- The perfect itinerary for anyone who's been to Africa before and is looking to dig a little deeper of what Namibia has to offer
- Enjoy this itinerary at your own pace with a self drive or if you are a bit pushed for time, it can easily be flown
Skeleton Coast Flying Safari
Windhoek & Skeleton Coast
from SGD $13300 pp 4 nights
- Explore the most remote corners of the spectacular Skeleton Coast
- Fly low over the many shipwrecks which litter the area
- Meet the remote Himba people on the Angolan border
South Africa and Namibia for Teenagers
Madikwe, Sossusvlei, Swakopmund, Cape Town
from SGD $9200 pp 13 nights
- Enjoy a big five safari in the non malarial Madikwe Game Reserve
- Climb the 'Big Daddy' sand dune in Sossusvlei and enjoy the incredible stark views of Deadvlei below
- Explore Cape Town's hidden beaches either by kayak or on a stand up paddle board and discover the lesser visited penguin colonies
Location & directions
Olive Grove Guesthouse is situated close to the Windhoek city centre in the Klein Windhoek suburb, on the corner of Promenaden Road and Ngami Street, Windhoek, Namibia.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator