At a Glance
- One of Japan’s premier and historic ryokan inns
- Part of the Relais & Chateaux group
Offers an authentic Japanese experience with traditional décor, onsen and Kaiseki dining
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best and most popular times to visit Japan are the climatically stable seasons of spring (March to May) and autumn (late September to November). The highlight of spring is the cherry-blossom season, which usually arrives in early April. Fall is an equally good time to travel, with pleasant temperatures and soothing autumn colors, which usually peak between late October and mid-November. Of course, you can visit Japan anytime although the summer, from June to August, can be very hot and humid, and winter can be a little chilly for some people’s taste.
To start planning your vacation to Nishimuraya Honkan
Peaceful, elegant and classy, Nishimuraya Honkan is one of Japan’s finest traditional ryokan inns. Offering tasteful décor, impeccable service, onsen bathing and Kaiseki dining, the hotel provides guests with an authentic taste of Japanese life.
Children are welcome at the hotel although there are no specific childcare facilities available.
Genbudo Museum & Basalt Caves
Discover the fantastic hexagonal rock columns of Genbudo Basalt Cave. You will also visit the Genbudo Museum to learn about the geological backgrounds of these unique formations.
Izushi Castle Town
This half-day tour visit the Izushi Castle Ruins, the Kabuki theater of Izushi Eiraku-kan and the clock tower of Shinkorou.
Takeda Castle Ruins
Perched atop of mountains, you will visit the Takeda Castle Ruins which are often dubbed as "Castle in the Sky" or "Japan's Machu Picchu".
A Short Getaway to Kansai
Osaka, Toyooka & Himeji
from $2500 pp 4 nights
- Retreat to Japan's finest onsen town with Relais & Châteaux kaiseki dinner
- Explore the majestic Himeji, renowned as the best-preserved traditional Japanese castles
- Stroll along the 1.8 kilometer bamboo road of Take-no-michi
Osaka, Toyooka, Kyoto, Takayama & Tokyo
from $13200 pp 13 nights
- Devour the many culinary highlights throughout this epic trip, staying in chic and stylish hotels with the best access to restaurants, bars and markets
- Take fun and vibrant guided tours in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo, cities known for their love of eating, delicious street food, Buddhist temples and magical gardens
- Head to the Japanese Alps for lush beauty and mesmerising scenery with its many shrines and temples hidden in the hillside
Kansai for Families
Amanohasidate, Toyooka, Nantan, Kyoto & Nara
from $4200 pp 6 nights
- Experience mackerel fishing, canoeing or stand up paddle-board at Amanohashidate
- Stay at the traditional Japanese thatched farmhouses with optional biking and bamboo crafting
- Visit Nara, the original imperial capital of Japan, and come face-to-face with deers on the park
Location & directions
Kansai Airport is 215-kilometers away, while Osaka Airport is 150-kilometers. The hotel is ideally located for those traveling by train being just 2-kilometers from Kinosaki-Onsen Station.
- 24/7 concierge service
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator