Orient Silk Road Express
At a Glance
- Explore sections of the legendary Silk Road without sacrificing modern comforts or worrying about details
- This once-in-a-lifetime railroad voyage includes tours led by experienced guides and offers delicious dining both on and off the train.
- Comfortable cabins aboard a private train
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Turkmenistan has a continental desert climate. Spring (March-April) and Fall (October-November) are the most ideal time to visit Turkmenistan. It is best to avoid summer months between June and August when daily temperatures may hit as high as 40-50°C. Winters are generally mild and dry, but may get chilly in the open desert and Northern areas of the country.
To start planning your vacation to Orient Silk Road Express
The Orient Silk Road Express Private Train offers comfortable accommodation for an exciting and unique train voyage through Central Asia. Enjoy well-appointed cabins, delicious food, and a variety excursions along the Silk Road.
There are a variety of cabins to choose from, each featuring a seating area, table and some storage space. Many cabin types have access to a shared washroom, whilst the grander Sultan and Kalifh ccommodations offer a private bathrooms and shower as well as a wardrobe.
On-board the Orient Silk Road Express Private Train, regional dishes are served in comfortable dining cars that offer bar service, perfect for a cool drink as you pass by the desert. Some of the train's wagons, including several sleeping cars and a restaurant car, were refurbished in 2013 and today, the train offers the highest standards of safety, service and comfort. The Orient Silk Road Express is fully air-conditioned when not stopped in a station. There is also a doctor on board at all times.
The Orient Silk Road Express offers a variety of accommodation options from the cosy Aladdin and Sultan cabins with two lower beds, a table, storage space and shared washrooms to the lavish Kalif compartments which offer private bathrooms, a wardrobe and a larger seating area.
The restaurant cars are atmospheric and serve excellent international and local cuisine. After dinner, these cars offer a bar service for you to enjoy an after-dinner drink. The Sultan and Kalif cabins have their own private bathrooms, whilst those in other room types have access to shared washroom facilities at the end of each car.
Orient Silk Road Express Train
Ashgabat, Nisa, Merv, Bukhara, Khiva, Samarkand, Shahrisabz, Tashkent, Turkestan & Almaty
from $8000 pp 14 nights
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience to experience Silk Road's cultural treasures through 3 Central Asian countries!
- Replaces long, bumpy drives typical of a Silk Road journey with unprecedented comfort of train facilities
- Relax by the Issyk Lake, an azure blue lake at stunning alpine setting
Location & directions
- 24/7 concierge service
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator