Alpine Meadows Resort
Clearwater, British Columbia
At a Glance
Located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in beautiful British Columbia
Just 29 beautifully well-appointed cabins, perfect for families or couples
An ideal stop off for road-trippers visiting Jasper and Whistler
Plenty of activities to enjoy from hiking to fishing, water rafting to paragliding
Dozens of outdoor activities on the doorstep and within easy driving distance
Offers various up-scale accommodation options from log chalets to suites, many with patios and balconies
A unique resort located at the gateway to Wells Gray Provincial Park and with access to six other provincial parks
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The lodge is usually open from June to September each year, however dates can differ so ask for this years dates of opening.
BC’s varied climate is influenced by latitude, elevation and ocean proximity but it’s generally warmer in the south and cooler in the north. Winters are mild in Vancouver and Victoria, with only brief snowfalls, while other regions – especially the north and the interior – are subject to freezing temperatures and heavy snow from November to March.
Spring and fall are often warm and pleasant but rainfall can be heavy, particularly on the coast. Summers (June to September) are mostly dry and sunny with warm temperatures, but the interior is hot in July and August, with temperatures surpassing 30°C
Call us on 858 523 9000 to start planning your vacation to Alpine Meadows Resort or take a look at our itineraries to Canada
Nestled on pretty Hallamore Lake, just 14 miles South of Clearwater in the heart of British Columbia, Alpine Meadows offers rustic yet comfortable chalet and log cabin accommodation in a beautiful location on the edge of Wells Gray Park.
There are just 29 cabins at Alpine Meadows Resort, but there are also options for glamping. The 1,2, 3 bedroom log homes and alpine chalets offer spacious living areas with large bedrooms and full kitchens for the whole family to enjoy. There are also patios and balconies for guests to relax on after a day of adventure.
The glamping tents are ideal for those wishing to be a little more adventurous. Comfortable and cosy, the tents are suited to couples or families who wish to enjoy a camping experience.
Whilst there are no specific child care facilities, Alpine Meadows Resort welcomes children of all ages.
So much more than a cabin in the woods, Alpine Meadows has a generous Lakeview Jacuzzi to sooth achey muscles after a day of exploring, an activity center for indoor and outdoor games, as well as a ping pong table and seating areas. There is also a wood-fired BBQ area where families can enjoy a meal together under the stars.
There is also a restaurant for guests to enjoy on site, so they need not worry about leaving the resort for meals.
Ready Set Go Whitewater Rafting
Feel the heart-pumping exhilaration of blasting your way along white water rapids in Wells Gray Provincial Park, traveling along the Clearwater River. This adventurous rafting trip lasts 4 hours and offers some of the best rapids in BC.
Take It Easy Family Raft Trip
Kick back and relax with your camera at the ready as you embark on a scenic river float trip through some of BC's most beautiful canyon scenery. Look out for wildlife as you go and listen to the region's rich history with an experienced guide!
Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Clearwater, Ashcroft, Whistler, Vancouver
from $3800 pp 17 nights
- Fasten your seatbelt and start your engine. With your own vehicle, you decide the pace at which you want to discover Western Canada’s rugged outdoor beauty and view its wildlife.
- With a plethora of National Parks and protected sites, glacial lakes, jagged mountains, scenic hiking trails and close encounters with whales and bears, Canada is home to more than its fair share of excitement!
- There are activities to get your heart racing at every location, from adrenaline pumping water sports such as kayaking and rafting, to riding horses across vast open spaces, dramatic coastal walks and hikes to lookout points. There is something to suit all adventurers.
Highlights of Western Canada
Vancouver, Whistler, Clearwater, Jasper National Park, Yoho National Park
from $2500 pp 12 nights
- Fast paced 12 night itinerary hitting the highlights of British Columbia and The Rockies
- Perfect for adventurous couples or families as there's action at every turn
- Fantastic opportunities for wildlife viewing in Whistler and Jasper National Park
Location & directions
Clearwater, British Columbia
Alpine Meadows Resort is located near Wells Gray Park in a beautiful lake setting.
- 24/7 concierge service
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator