Sala Samui Chaweng Beach
Koh Samui, Thailand
At a Glance
- Only a five-minute walk from Chaweng Town, so very easy to head out for dinner or some shopping
- The decor is bright and modern, with a calm feel
- There is a lovely beachfront pool, named the 'Moon Pool' due to its shape
- Dine under canvas or with your feet in the sand at the hotel's beachfront restaurant, The Tent
- The suites are spacious and boast their own private pools
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Koh Samui has a tropical climate and the best time to visit is from February to September, which is relatively dry but there is some rain every month. February to April are the driest months. October to January are wet with the monsoon coming from the northeast across the Gulf of Thailand.
To start planning your vacation to Sala Samui Chaweng Beach
Sala Samui Chaweng Beach is a modern and stylish retreat on the west coast of Koh Samui in Thailand. Located on a wonderful sandy beach, but within walking distance of the bars and restaurants of Chaweng Town, the hotel offers the best of both worlds.
Sala Samui Chaweng Beach blends Japanese and Thai design with minimalist décor to create a serene and elegant escape from the bustle of Koh Samui. However should you wish to venture out, the buzzing town of Chaweng is only a short walk away.
Like its well-known sister property down the road, Sala Chaweng is stylish but understated, with lots of whites, creams and natural wood. The 52 spacious suites are located in a low-rise building. All face the sea, and they all also boast their own private pool.
The hotel's unique 'Moon' pool is down by the beachfront, surrounded by day beds, and there is also a children's pool. The beachfront is also the location for the hotel's restaurant, The Tent. As the name might suggest, this charming and relaxed space is open-air, with a canvas ceiling. Guests can choose to dine under the canvas, in a private gazebo, or simply outside on the beach.
Arthur Pope (Staff)
Sleek and chic modern faux Greek up the street from Samui's busiest beach! The Mediterranean meets the Pacific in this stylish hotel that's so photogenic that it became a viral sensation almost overnight after opening at the beginning of 2018. With an expansion on the way, this place lives up to the hype with an ever rotating a la carte menu and popular theme nights ranging from Thai to burgers. A quick trip from the Chaweng strip, it still manages to be far enough afield to feel outside of the chaos.
Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Koh Samui
from $3400 pp 11 nights
- Stay at some of the country’s most contemporary, cool and stylish hotels…the perfect retreat after a busy day of cultural explorations
- Activate your taste buds and get a feel for authentic Thai ingredients and flavors as you visit traditional food stands and colorful floating markets
- Thailand’s famous night markets are a shopper’s paradise, so make sure you have space in your suitcase, or better still bring an extra bag!
Location & directions
Koh Samui, ThailandEnjoying a lovely beachfront location on Chaweng Beach, Sala Samui Chaweng is just a 10-minute drive from Samui Airport and less than 5 minutes walk from Chaweng Town.
- 24/7 concierge service
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator