At a Glance
The best lodges in the Annapurna Region offering excellent service and food
Located in four locations, each about 4-5 hours from each other
The lodges provide a private guide and sherpa who will carry your bags
All meals are included, and a happy hour each evening offering house drinks
They offer bed tea in the morning and there is nothing better than to sip your tea looking at the views before you set off walking
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Nepal has a Monsoonal climate with four main seasons. Fall and spring are the two most favourable seasons for visiting Nepal. Fall (September to early December) brings in clear weather with sunny days and warm nights. Spring (March to May) with occasional rain falls. From June to September, is the monsoon season. Uncomfortable time to visit as the climate of Nepal at this time of year brings about hot weather and rain falls almost every day.
To start planning your vacation to Basanta Lodge
Basanta Lodge is set on the outskirts of Dhampus village and has eight charming ensuite rooms with sweeping views of the entire Annapurna Range. Like its sister lodges, it has delicious food and excellent service.
Every room in each lodge has an en-suite bathroom with hot running water and everything is provided from sheets and blankets to hot water bottles, down jackets, scarves and hats.
Due to the nature of the trekking, it is not recommended that younger children participate in this trip as they will tire easily.
Facilities at the lodges include a main dining room and bar where there is a happy hour each evening. There are beautiful gardens in each of the lodges. In most of the main dining halls there are lovely fireplaces where guests group around on colder evenings. Meals are all varied, and are ideally created for weary legs. Foot massages can be arranged.
Julie Geyton (Staff)
After a five hour hike from Gurung Lodge you reach Dhampus Village and the beautiful Bandanta Lodge. A simple Nepalese style lodge with just eight rooms all with ensuite bathrooms. Like Gurung Lodge run by Ker and Downey the lodges have stone floors decorated with Tebetan carpets, blankets and art work. Run by solar energy and using organic produce service is amazing and food simple but plentiful. Staff give amazing service but again its the amazing views of the Annapurna Mountain range that blow your mind.
Jack Mace (Staff)
I stayed at Basanta lodge for the last night of my trek and I'm glad I did - what an amazing spot! I started my day in another valley at the Gurung Lodge, Basanta'a sister property, and trekked over in the morning. We started at 8am and it was a 1.5/2 hour uphill trek to get the morning started - lucky I had a big breakfast! After the initial incline, the remainder of the journey is relatively flat and boasts incredible views. You'll cross by waterfalls, walk through the jungles and enjoy this spectacular landscape until you come to Australian Camp. Perched on the top of the hill this is a great place to stop for a cuppa and drink in the views. From here it's about a 45-minute easy decent to Basanta Lodge. As will the other mountain lodges you are met by a host of smiling faces of the staff, all waiting to make your stay as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. The lodge is relatively small with just 8 well-appointed rooms, a dining / bar area and a small beautifully landscaped garden out front. But what this lodge lacks in size, it makes up for in its views - wow! You have 180 incredible views of the Himalayas in front, on a clear day you'll see Annapurna 1,2,3,4 & south, fish tail and more. Throughout your stay here you'll also enjoy some fantastic food, the chef's been here for 18 years so he really knows what he's doing!
Daniel Smith (Staff)
The Ker & Downey lodges are the best on offer in the Annapurna Region. They blend comfort and excellent service without losing the romance of trekking in the Himalaya. All rooms are en suite, and they offer a perfect retreat to rest after a day's walking. The local staff are all excellent, and the whole operation is run to perfection.
Kathmandu, Nuwakot, Bandipur, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from $3600 pp 13 nights
- This itinerary takes you off the beaten track into small towns and villages between Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Stay in characterful and charming villages throughout the journey, to really get a taste of rural local life in Nepal
- Includes an amazing three-day trek in the Annapurna Range
Essential Nepal with Annapurna Walk
Kathmandu, Annapurna Region, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park
from $2900 pp 9 nights
- Brilliant experience of Nepal with a fantastic array of landscapes including the Annapurna Region and Chitwan National Park
- The itinerary includes a three night stay in the Annapurna Region, a must on a trip to Nepal
- Experience the charm and heritage of Kathmandu
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek & Pokhara
from $1900 pp 7 nights
- Fantastic introduction to Nepal, covering all of the key highlights
- Chance to experience the beauty of the Annapurna region with a fantastic two night trek.
- The itinerary provides a fantastic mix of culture, adventure and relaxation. The itinerary can be tailored depending on tastes and can be as relaxed or adventurous as you like.
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from $3600 pp 11 nights
- Perfect for the more active, who want to focus on trekking in Nepal's mountains
- Trek privately in the Annapurna Mountains, staying at comfortable lodges.
- Explore the backstreets and colorful markets of Kathmandu and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Pokhara and Phewa Lake
Location & directions
This collection of lodges are spread out within the Annapurna Conservation Area, separated by picturesque terrain and a moderate half-day hike.
- 24/7 concierge service
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator