"My love of travel began when I lived in Hong Kong."
My passion for travel began when I lived in Hong Kong. Since then I have travelled in Europe and to Borneo, Brunei, China, Nepal, Ecuador, Australia and New Zealand. More recently, I’ve visited Thailand, India; north and south, the Maldives and nearly made it to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro!
After joining Scott Dunn I spent two years specialising in ski and our European destinations, sending our guests on long weekends to the slopes, family skiing holidays or trips to sun-drenched beaches on which they could relax and unwind. I now specialise in holidays to the somewhat warmer climes of India and Arabia, with a particular focus on the Maldives, Oman and the UAE.
Favourite places I’ve been
Oman – dates, dramatic landscapes, friendly faces, sand dunes, camels
Dubai – tallest skyscapers, swanky cars, a city like no other!
Greece – warm crystal blue sea, cloudless skies, greek salads, tavernas
Italy – olive groves, sunflowers, vespas, gelaterias
Maldives - crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, colourful fish, blue skies, relaxation, delicious seafood
Kerala – spices, tea plantations, friendly faces, yummy coffee, curry
Thailand – massages, pad thai, palm trees
Balearic Islands – sun, sea, sangria, paella and mojitos made with gin
Alps – vin chaud, moguls, fresh powder, ‘wipe outs’!
01. Why not hire a car and explore the surrounding areas of wherever you’re staying – you can try the local restaurants and discover secluded beaches.
02. Get ahead of the rush and start thinking about booking ski lessons for your next holiday to the mountains. It is never too early and will make your holiday all the more fun!
03. Have your camera at the ready when you fly over the atolls in the Maldives – the views are unbelievably spectacular and not to be missed!
04. Spend some time with a marine biologist in the Maldives and explore the fascinating underwater world full of species you will never have seen before. It helped me get over my fear of the sea!
05. Arrive at the Taj Mahal in time to see the sun rise. There are no words to describe what this looks like. You’ll have to see for yourself.
06. Take a trip on a houseboat and explore the backwaters of Kerala on a gentle river journey.
07. A stay in a Scott Dunn chalet or villa is the perfect recipe for a successful family holiday made up of all the right and very special ingredients: delicious food cooked by your own private chef, a host offering an extra pair of hands and serving your gin and tonic or glass of champagne after a hard day on the beach or the slopes. Keep the children entertained and have some time to yourselves with a private Scott Dunn nanny- happy children equals happy parents equals perfect holiday!
08. A Scott Dunn Explorers children's club is the way to go for a memorable holiday! Parents can chill in the sun while the children are taken care of by our nannies and rangers. They can enjoy more activities than there are hours in the day to fit them in!
09. Opt to paraglide into check in at Zighy Bay in Oman!
My hot picks
01. Hotel Christiania, Val d’Isere: Anything you could want from a family ski hotel and a true Scott Dunn favourite with excellent staff, delicious food, a perfect location and ideal room set-up.
02. Tannenhof, St Anton: Utter luxury!
03. Soneva Kiri, Thailand: What a way to arrive at your hotel – a private plane from Bangkok on ‘Ever Soneva So Over the Top’ followed by a ride on a James Bond style speed boat to the island where you are met by your Friday and your Soneva experience begins.
04. ABAMA,Tenerife: The perfect place for some winter sunshine!
05. Soneva Fushi, Maldives: The epitome of barefoot luxury. Explore the island on your bicycle, watch an old time classic at Cinema Paradiso under the star-studded skies, be pampered in the spa and at the end of a perfect day, the only decision you have to make is whether to dine on the beach, up in the trees, in the garden or on a sandbank.
06. Gran Hotel Son Net, Mallorca: – A hidden gem in Mallorca.
07. Tranquil, Kerala: A home away from home. Looked after by the friendliest of hosts, Victor and Gini, along with their friendly, furry dogs.
What my guests have said
“10/10. Alice was so efficient and made our holiday planning stress-free.”
“Alice was fantastic, thank you for all her help.”
“Alice, you are so kind and you think of everything. Thank you.”
"I would like to thank you both very much for all your help today with trying to find us an alternative holiday at such short notice, and to say that we really do appreciate all the time and effort you have spent on our behalf."
"Thank you for all your help and advice before and while we were away! We really really appreciate it. Again, many many thanks for making our holiday an actual holiday! "
"Our nanny, Susie, provided hours of fun for our youngest son after ski school and the older ones were not left out, taken sledging after a full day on the slopes, in their own words 'We have had the best day ever!!'. Many thanks for making another ski holiday so amazing."
"Thanks for all your help the Scott Dunn team were fantastic."
"Alice and I have never actually spoken/met, as we dealt exclusively on email, but she did a terrific job of putting this all together in quite a short period of time and not long before we actually planned to travel... I have already asked her to help with our return visit and will use her as a point of contact at Scott Dunn when I have any other queries. This experience made me recognise the value of what you can do - historically I have always planned and booked our 'travelling' holidays, but I don't just have the time, energy or knowledge to do it anymore..."
"Just to say great holiday, thank you. Esperanca, particularly, was superb – so thanks for all the time you put in on that booking."
"As ever, you have been extremely helpful."
"Many thanks Alice. A great service again from you guys."
"I'd like to thank you and Alice both very much for all your tremendous effort to find us something on such short notice. You all are amazing as usual."
"Thanks Alice. And thank you for all your help. I have been very impressed with the level of service I have received and will certainly recommend you to friends and family."
"Thanks for all your help with the Maldives holiday – my wife and I had a truly great experience with both yourselves and the resort."
"Excellent, courteous and efficient assistance from Alice."
"Many thanks for your help. Our holiday went perfectly."
"Alice has been great - always on top of things."
"We had a truly wonderful time and thank you for your help organising everything."
"I’ve been in touch with a number of companies but decided to book with Scott Dunn because of the professionalism of your staff… Alice is wonderful and very courteous."