Hotel Nikko Kanazawa
At a Glance
International hotel well-located adjacent to Kanazawa Station
Large choice of restaurants and bars
Wonderful cityscape views
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Kanazawa is located in the west of Japan and is characterized by a fairly mild climate with high precipitation. The climate here is cooler than it is in Tokyo, with regular snow fall in winter. The best time to visit Kanazawa is from April to November.
Call us on to start planning your vacation to Hotel Nikko Kanazawa or take a look at our itineraries to Kanazawa and the Kiso Valley
With a wonderful location adjacent to Kanazawa Station, large choice of dining options, spacious and comfortable rooms offering fabulous views and friendly helpful staff, Hotel Nikko is the ideal base for exploring Kanazawa’s famous castle and gardens.
With a fabulous location adjacent to Kanazawa Station, wonderful views, spacious rooms and lovely staff, Hotel Nikko is an excellent choice for exploring the castle town of Kanazawa. With 30-storeys, the hotel is the tallest building in town and offers spectacular views and sunsets over the city and surrounding area. The rooms are international standard, if somewhat bland and dated, but are spacious and located from the 17th floor upwards, so the views are superb. There are also plenty of dining options and enjoying a cocktail at Le Grand Chariot sky lounge on the 30th floor over the twinkling lights of the city is a great way to end a day of sightseeing. Kanazawa is two-hours 30-minutes by bullet train from Tokyo, a three-hour drive from Kyoto or 60-minutes by car from Komatsu airport. Kanazawa Castle and the famous Kenrokuen Gardens are around a 10-minute drive from Hotel Nikko.
There are 254 guestrooms with air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, safe, minibar and en-suite bathrooms. All rooms enjoy wonderful views, a comfortable seating area and workspace. Suites include a separate living area and separate WC, while the Imperial Suite includes a large living and dining area and two separate WCs. There are a range of dining options including European cuisine served at La PLage on the 30th floor, Teppanyaki, Chinese and Japanese restaurants, along with buffet-style dining at the Garden House. For drinks, head to the Fountain lobby bar, but for a drink with a view try the cocktail and champagne bar, Le Grand Chariot or for a British-styled bar visit Vol de Nuit on the 29th floor.
The staff are warm and welcoming and Hotel Nikko is a modern and comfortable choice for those wishing to explore the castle and exquisite Japanese gardens of Kanazawa.
Blanche Sherman (Staff)
Kanazawa is likely my favorite city in Japan, and while most of your time here will be spent exploring the gardens, galleries, samurai houses and geisha districts, you'll need somewhere to rest your head (and feet!) at the end of the day. Hotel Nikko Kanazawa is a clean and comfortable spot to do just this. Being a local brand, the lobby style has a trendy Japanese feel and warm service is delivered with a smile. The rooms are comfortable and some even offer views out to the sea.
Kanazawa Half Day Tour
This half day guided experience is a fantastic introduction to Kanazawa, visiting Omicho Fish Market, Kanazawa's Samurai district and Kenrokyen Gardens.
Tour of Sake Brewery and Tasting
Take a tour of one of Kanazawa's key industries, Sake brewing. Have the chance to watch the process from start to finish which uses the same unchanged techniques that have been utilized for centuries.
Osaka, Kyoto, Kanazawa & Tokyo
from $8800 pp 11 nights
- Japan has offers some of the most interesting and creative cuisines and restaurants in the world and through this itinerary you'll be able to experience some of the country's highlights
- Take a fun and vibrant street food tour in Osaka, a city known for its love of eating
- Visit two local markets, Omicho Market and Nishiki Market, to see and taste the freshest local produce of each region
Honeymoon in Japan
Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa & Takayama
from $7700 pp 11 nights
- Japan has an incredibly rich culture and so many interesting and exciting places to explore and new things to discover, making it a perfect honeymoon destination
- On this itinerary you'll be able to stay in a traditional ryokan, the ideal pampering experience and taste of traditional Japan
- Brilliant introduction to Japan visiting two of its most well known cities, Tokyo and Kyoto and a chance to get slightly off the tourist train in Kanazawa and Takayama
Japan in Depth
Tokyo, Nakasendo Walking Trail, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Kanazawa & Takayama
from $9800 pp 13 nights
- Amazing and extensive itinerary giving you an introduction to all the highlights of Japan combined with some more off the beaten track destinations
- Included in the itinerary is a stay in a ryokan, allowing you experience Japanese culture in a unique way
- Explore the beautiful cities of Kyoto and Kanazawa with their wonderfully preserved Geisha districts
Japan in Spring - Cherry Blossom Season
Tokyo, Miyajima, Kyoto & Hakone
from $9700 pp 12 nights
- March and April is the perfect time to see the Cherry Blossoms, something Japan is well known for
- Tokyo offers some beautiful and often overlooked parks, perfect for viewing the cherry blossom.
- Miyajima is one of the crown jewels of Japan