Peninsula Hong Kong
At a Glance
Breathtaking views across to Hong Kong Island, especially for the early evening laser show
Convenient location on Kowloon and close to the Star Ferry terminal
The original building dates back to 1928
300 elegantly furnished rooms and suites
Helicopter directly from the hotel for transfers or sightseeing
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Hong Kong has a tropical climate and can be visited year round. October to April are the driest months although December to February are cooler. May to September is hot, humid with the most rainfall during these months.
Call us on to start planning your vacation to Peninsula Hong Kong or take a look at our itineraries to Hong Kong
The Peninsula is the most famous and prestigious luxury hotel in Hong Kong, located on Kowloon Island next to the Star Ferry terminal and the endless shopping opportunities of Nathan Road. Its location affords unrivalled views across to Hong Kong Island.
From its stunning lobby to the sweeping views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island, the Peninsula’s original building dates back to 1928 and stands just six floors high. The 27 storey tower was added a decade ago to offer stunning harbor view guest rooms, mimicking the rooms of the original building.
Each room is elegantly furnished and has high ornate ceilings and whether you stay in the original building or the tower, all rooms have the same large picture windows, indulgent bathrooms and the latest in-room technology. The Peninsula's suites are lavish and capacious and are perfect for those traveling with family or just wanting that added luxury of space and even more comfort.
Felix Restaurant and Wine Bar dominates the top two floors, whilst the lobby is the place to be seen for afternoon tea. Other restaurants serve Japanese, Chinese, French and even Swiss cuisine in a chalet style setting. Designer boutiques are housed on the fringes of the hotel, a paradise for shoppers, and the spa and pool area are a great place to relax after all that retail therapy. The Peninsula will seduce you with its old-world charm and modern conveniences.
The Peninsula Hong Kong has 300 rooms and suites with City or Harbour Views. Both the classic rooms in the original building and the newer harbor view rooms in the tower offer smart, elegant and comfortable accommodation with fingertip controls, plasma screen TVs and cool white marble bathrooms. Superior Rooms and the more spacious Deluxe & Deluxe Courtyard Rooms are located in the original building and the Grand Deluxe Rooms are in the lower floors (17-27) of the new tower. For those wanting a classic view over Hong Kong Harbour and across to the cityscape of the island, the Grand Deluxe Harbour view Rooms offer spectacular vistas. Superior and Deluxe Suites are in the original building and have the luxury of separate sitting/dining rooms and most of the other suites are located in the tower with the added benefit of that iconic skyline.
Children are welcome at The Peninsula Hong Kong and special bathrobes are provided for them as well as activity kits, specialist equipment such as cots etc and special room service menus. Babysitting can be provided. The Peninsula Kids' Academy occasionally runs cooking classes for 6-12 year olds with the hotel's chef.
The ESPA spa is a luxurious sanctuary and several of the indulgent treatment rooms overlook the harbor. There is also an indoor heated swimming pool with a lovely timber decked sun terrace, and fully equipped gym with steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi. The hotel's eight restaurants have a great reputation and attract people from all over the city with contemporary fare at the Philippe Starck designed Felix and afternoon tea in the lobby being institutions for the city's foodies.
Leisure activities within the hotel include the indoor pool, spa, fitness center and numerous restaurants and bars. Outside, the world is your oyster, being on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong means that a short trip on the star ferry to the island is a fun way to begin a days sightseeing or shopping.
Jessica Cator (Staff)
This a fantastic hotel. One of the only heritage hotels in Hong Kong and as such it has a lovely feel to it. You can get picked up by a Royce Rolls at the airport and sweep up to the enormous and opulent lobby. The Peninsular also has by far the best pool area of any hotel in Hong Kong - if you're traveling for leisure, this is the place to stay!
Victoria Hogg (Staff)
Afternoon tea is a must do for many visitors to Hong Kong and rightly so. Step into The Lobby and you feel as though you have gone back in time and I would highly recommend tea there as it is one of the few traditions left from the colonial period. Enjoy finger sandwiches and scones with a delicious pot of Earl Grey tea, whilst being serenaded by the string quartet. Afternoon tea is open to everyone, whether you are staying at the Peninsula or not and is served from 2pm until 7pm. The dress code is smart casual so no flip flops or sleeveless shirts for men. Reservations cannot be made in advance, so you may need to queue to get a table, especially on the weekends.
Shanghai, Lijiang, Shangri-La, Guilin, Longii and Hong Kong
from $8500 pp 13 nights
- Enjoy the unique scenery of the Rice Terraces in Longsheng and have a chance to hike surrounded by spectacular views
- Wander through the cobbled streets of Lijiang Old Town and enjoy a hike about the magnificent Jade Dragon Mountain
- A visit to Shangri La isn't complete without a stop at Songzanlin Monastry - the largest Tibetan Buddhist Monastry in Yunnan
China in Style
Beijing, Xian, Shanghai & Hong Kong
from $6700 pp 9 nights
- A great adventure understanding the Chinese history, before ending in the exciting city of Hong Kong
- This itinerary allows you to stay in some of the most stylish and luxurious properties in China whilst visiting the country's best known cities
- Chance to visit some of the most iconic cultural sites in the world including the Terracotta Warriors, Forbidden City and Great Wall of China
City Life to Island Paradise - Hong Kong and Philippines
Philippines and Hong Kong
from $6600 pp 11 nights
- Immerse yourself into city life in Hong Kong, with some of the best shopping in the world, not to mention the choice of delicious restaurants
- A stay in Hong Kong isn't complete without a sunset cruise on the Harbour - a must for any traveler, especially to see the iconic skyline of the city
- A fabulous combination of adventure in the bustling city of Hong Kong, followed by total relaxation at the most luxurious properties in the Philippines
Cosmopolitan Hong Kong to the Philippines Surf
Hong Kong Island and Siargao
from $2700 pp 10 nights
- Surf the legendary Cloud 9 wave
- Explore the cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong
- Enjoy delicious cuisines from street food vendors to fresh seafood
Grand Tour of China and Japan
Hong Kong, Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Shanghai, Tokyo, Kyoto & Hakone
from $11100 pp 14 nights
- This itinerary is packed full of interesting experiences, with something new around each corner and so much variation between each different destination
- The Terracotta Army, are totally mind blowing and a must on anyone's visit to China
- Fantastic itinerary as an introduction to China and Japan and their interesting cultures and history
Grand Tour of Southeast Asia
Hong Kong, Saigon, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Luang Prabang, Chiang Mai, Bangkok
from $10300 pp 21 nights
- Discover Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand on this unforgettable tour
- is an all-encompassing tour taking on five countries. Tailor-made to meet your preferences, we handcraft all our vacations to give you an true insight into the cultures, local life and history of each destination with our expert guides and personalized experiences. Whether its your first time in Asia or your fifth, this trip is set to really impress.
- Enjoy a four-night stay winding your way down the magical Mekong river
Highlights of Indonesia
Hong Kong, Ubud, Borobudur, Seminyak
from $4100 pp 8 nights
- You will not be able to take your eyes off the view of Borobudur Temple during your sunrise temple tour.
- Explore Southern Bali's many bars, restaurants and activities from the bustling center of Seminyak.
- Start your journey with shopping, cityscapes and fine dining in Hong Kong
Location & directions
Located on Salisbury Road, in the heart of Kowloon Island's business and entertainment district. Close to the Hong Kong Museum of Art and the Space Museum.