Yared Zema International Hotel
Tigray Region, Ethiopia
At a Glance
Yared Zema is centrally located in the city of Axum within walking distance of the Stelae Park obelisks
Good facilities including a restaurant, cafe, bar, gym and massages
A lovely outside terrace is perfect for enjoying an al fresco drink
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Ethiopia is from mid to late October until May. During this time the highlands are ideal for hiking especially after the rainy season has just finished as the landscape bursts into life.
Due to the high altitude of the country in comparison to its location conditions get quite cool at night. Temperatures generally can reach above 30°C in lowland areas, whereas the highland temperature can dip below 20°C. Addis Ababa has a relatively even temperature year-round.
Call us on to start planning your holiday to Yared Zema International Hotel or take a look at our itineraries to Ethiopia
Yared Zema International Hotel is a modern property in the heart of Axum, close to key historic sights. It has a selection of facilities and accommodation options which will ensure your stay in the city is a comfortable one.
Yared Zema’s 60 rooms are simply furnished, but comfortable and clean. Each one has a view of the city. The separate living space and Jacuzzis in the junior suites add a touch of indulgence to the guest accommodation.
The experienced staff at the hotel’s tour desk will be happy to advise you on different activities available in the city, including walking tours and market visits.
Churches, Castles and Mountains of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Lake Tana, Gondar, Simien Mountains, Axum & Lalibela
from SGD $6000 pp 7 nights
- Trek in the spectacular Simien Mountains and spot the Gelada Baboon
- Visit Axum, the holiest city in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Marvel at the construction of the rock churches in Lalibela
Northern Ethiopia and the Omo Valley
Addis Ababa, Lake Tana, Gondar, Axum, Lalibela & Omo Valley
from SGD $8400 pp 11 nights
- The Hamer People of the Omo Valley are known for the bull jumping ceremony, the culmination of a three day initiation rite
- Visit the fascinating rock hewn churches of Lalibela
- Take a city tour of Addis Ababa which can include the archaeological museum which contains a copy of the skeleton of 'Lucy'
Signature Departure: Ethiopia An Unspoiled Corner of Africa with Timkat Festival
Axum, Simien, Bahir Dar, Lalibela, Addis Ababa
- Witness the annual Timkat festival in Addis Ababa
- Be invited to a local village for a coffee ceremony
- Small group size of maximum 16 people
Location & directions
Tigray Region, Ethiopia
Located in the centre of Axum, Yared Zema International Hotel is a 25-30 minute walk to the Stelae Park obelisks and St. Mary of Zion Church.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator