At a Glance
The best lodges in the Annapurna Region offering excellent service and food
Located in four locations, each about 4-5 hours from each other
The lodges provide a private guide and sherpa who will carry your bags
All meals are included, and a happy hour each evening offering house drinks
They offer bed tea in the morning and there is nothing better than to sip your tea looking at the views before you set off walking
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Nepal has a Monsoonal climate with four main seasons. Autumn and spring are the two most favourable seasons for visiting Nepal. Autumn (September to early December) brings in clear weather with sunny days and warm nights. Spring (March to May) with occasional rain falls. From June to September, is the monsoon season. Uncomfortable time to visit as the climate of Nepal at this time of year brings about hot weather and rain falls almost every day.
Call us on 020 3993 8476 to start planning your holiday to Gurung Lodge or take a look at our itineraries to Nepal
Situated at an altitude of 1,450 metres, Gurung Lodge is built along the lines of a traditional Nepalese village.
Gurung Lodge forms part of the Ker and Downey Collection of lodges spread out within the Annapurna Conservation Area and separated by scenic, moderate 4-6 hour hikes. Each lodge has its own unique characteristics and views. Gurung Lodge has beautiful semi-detached, tribal-style houses with high ceilings and pretty facades.
There are eleven rooms spread out across different houses. These are located on the hill side and offer a bit more privacy than the other lodges.
Every room in each lodge has an en-suite bathroom with hot running water and everything is provided from sheets and blankets to hot water bottles, down jackets, scarves and hats.
Due to the nature of the trekking, it is not recommended that younger children participate in this trip as they will tire easily.
Facilities at the lodges include a main dining room and bar where there is a happy hour each evening. There are beautiful gardens in each of the lodges. In most of the main dining halls there are lovely fireplaces where guests group around on colder evenings. Meals are all varied, and are ideally created for weary legs. Foot and neck massages can be arranged for aching muscles.
Julie Geyton (Staff)
After a two hour trek from Lumle you arrive at the beautiful simple Ker and Downing Lodge called Gurlung Lodge. Built in the style of local Nepalese farmhouses Gurlung Lodge has just 11 rooms with ensuite bathroom. With stone floors and decorated with local wool rugs the rooms are simple but luxury compared to tents or local tea houses. The lodge is run by Mani, a retired guide, who has great knowledge of the local area. Food is simple but fresh and organic and either from their own gardens or local farms. In chilly weather the lodge provides down jackets, wooden hats and gloves and a hot water bottle st bedtime.
Emma Mark (Staff)
Jack Mace (Staff)
Upon arriving into Pokhara I was picked up by my enthusiast, funny and character full guide, Santa, who was to lead me for the next few days through the world's most impressive mountain range. After a relatively short drive I arrived into a small village where I started my trekking. To get to Gurung lodge it took about 2 hours across undulating terrain. We passed through villages, saw many waterfalls and even came across a family of Macao Monkeys swinging in the trees. I was absolutely amazed when I arrived into Gurung Lodge about the standard of the accommodation, it was beautiful. Set with incredible views down the valley and into the mountains behind, Gurung Lodge is a real gem. It's 10 rooms are scattered around the properties land, being split into five buildings. Each building has a lovely terrace area with comfy chairs and lounges to enjoy this incredible scenery. Upon arrival a delicious, simple lunch is served. After eating you have the option to completely relax and drink in the views or head out exploring. Given my active nature, I decided on the latter. Santa and I decided to do the local loop (about 4 hours - shorter options are available!) We started off by descending to Tomijung (or Bee Village) which Santa described as Peru's Machu Pichu. Although not as impressive as the real thing, this village has bags of charm and it was worth a visited. Next, we stopped off at the nearby Mala lodge for tea. Then we did a loop stopping in many other lovely villages seeing real rural life. You'll meet families, their livestock and learn how they get by in this remote location. Its A lovely experience where you can see the real Nepal. You can also stop off en-route for tea (or try their rice whiskey!) at a local house. Later, you return to the lodge to soak in the views, enjoy happy hour and the evening meal after. The next day the adventure starts again!
Daniel Smith (Staff)
The Ker & Downey lodges are the best on offer in the Annapurna Region. They blend comfort and excellent service without losing the romance of trekking in the Himalaya. All rooms are en suite, and they offer a perfect retreat to rest after a day's walking. The local staff are all excellent, and the whole operation is run to perfection.
Helicopter Ride to Mustang & Annapurna Sanctuary
Take a helicopter flight from Pokhara to the Kingdom of Mustang where you will stop to explore for a few hours (and possibly have an audience with the king), before flying to the Annapurna Sanctuary witnessing stunning views all around you.
Trek to Gurung Hill and Village Visit
During your stay at Gurung Lodge, take some time out to explore the local area. Your local guide will take you to Gurung Hill with its outstanding views, before lunch at the lodge and the afternoon visiting some small villages in the surrounding area.
Kathmandu, Nuwakot, Bandipur, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from £3700 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- This itinerary takes you off the beaten track into small towns and villages between Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Stay in characterful and charming villages throughout the journey, to really get a taste of rural local life in Nepal
- Includes an amazing three-day trek in the Annapurna Range
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park & Dhulikhel
from £4100 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- An amazing adventure through Nepal providing all the classic highlights including Kathmandu, Pokhara, Annapurna Region and Chitwan National Park
- Spend two days in search of the Royal Bengal Tiger in Chitwan National Park
- Spend 4 nights trekking through the stunning Annapurna Region accompanied by expert guides and a team of porters
Classic Nepal and Bhutan
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Dhilikhel, Thimphu, Punakha & Paro
from £6800 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Combine both Nepal & Bhutan - a fantastic combination seeing the two great landlocked Himalayan countries
- Trek in the Annapurna foothills where you can take in unspoilt mountain views
- Walk to the iconic Tigers Nest Monastery
Honeymoon to Nepal & Oman
Dhulikhel, Annapurna Trek, Kathmandu, Muscat
from £4800 pp inc flights & transfers for 13 nights
- Perfect combination of relaxation and adventure - ideal for a honeymoon, but also a perfect itinerary for any couple wanting an active holiday coupled with relaxation
- Have your marriage blessed by a Hindu priest at Pashupatinath Temple or a Buddhist Lama from Shyalpa Tenzin Monastery
- Head to Bodnath Stupa for a butter-lamp ceremony with a Buddhist Monk
Nepal and Thailand for Teenagers
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Chitwan National Park, Phuket
from £7300 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Great combination of adventure in Nepal and relaxation in Thailand
- Fantastic five night trek in the Annapurna Range, staying in a new location each nigtht
- Tailored guiding experiences daily in Nepal to suit the whole family
Nepal for Teenagers
Kathmandu, Bandipur, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara, Seti River, Chitwan & Dhulikhel
from £4700 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Ideal for families with children 12 and up. Perfect time to visit from October to May
- Trek in the mountains, cycle through remote villages, zip-line, white water rafting and venture through the lush tropical jungle.
- Uses a great selection of hotels, but packed with adventure and experiences your children will love
Nepal in Style
Kathmandu, Majgaun, Pokhara, Dhulikhel
from £3700 pp inc flights & transfers for 10 nights
- Three day trek in the foothills to see how the local communities live and work
- Perhaps choose to add a helicopter to Everest Base Camp, a truly once in a lifetime experience
- The itinerary uses the best hotels and private guides in Nepal, ensuring that you have a completely pampered and luxury experience
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek & Pokhara
from £2400 pp inc flights & transfers for 7 nights
- Fantastic introduction to Nepal, covering all of the key highlights
- Chance to experience the beauty of the Annapurna region with a fantastic two night trek.
- The itinerary provides a fantastic mix of culture, adventure and relaxation. The itinerary can be tailored depending on tastes and can be as relaxed or adventurous as you like.
Ultimate Nepal and India
Kathmandu, Pokhara, Annapurna Trek, Delhi, Agra & Jaipur
from £4700 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Lovely combination showcasing the highlights of Nepal and India
- Huge amount of history and culture included in the itinerary and a brilliant introduction to Nepal and India
- Lovely mix of bustling cities including Delhi and Kathmandu and the charming destinations of Jaipur and Pokhara.
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from £3800 pp inc flights & transfers for 11 nights
- Perfect for the more active, who want to focus on trekking in Nepal's mountains
- Trek privately in the Annapurna Mountains, staying at comfortable lodges.
- Explore the backstreets and colourful markets of Kathmandu and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Pokhara and Phewa Lake
Location & directions
This collection of lodges are spread out within the Annapurna Conservation Area, separated by picturesque terrain and a moderate half-day hike.
How to get there
10-hour flight (with one change) to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport plus 1-hour domestic flight to Pokhara. Alternatively, its a 5-hour drive from Kathmandu.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator