At a Glance
The best lodges in the Annapurna Region offering excellent service and food
Located in four locations, each about 4-5 hours from each other
The lodges provide a private guide and sherpa who will carry your bags
All meals are included, and a happy hour each evening offering house drinks
They offer bed tea in the morning and there is nothing better than to sip your tea looking at the views before you set off walking
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Nepal has a Monsoonal climate with four main seasons. Fall and spring are the two most favourable seasons for visiting Nepal. Fall (September to early December) brings in clear weather with sunny days and warm nights. Spring (March to May) with occasional rain falls. From June to September, is the monsoon season. Uncomfortable time to visit as the climate of Nepal at this time of year brings about hot weather and rain falls almost every day.
Call us on to start planning your vacation to Himalaya Lodge or take a look at our itineraries to Annapurna Region
Built just above the village of Ghandruk, at an altitude of 1,990m, Himalaya Lodge has been designed in traditional style to blend in perfectly with the surrounding buildings. The 11 en-suite rooms have expansive views of Ghandruk town and the Annapurnas.
Every room in each lodge has an en-suite bathroom with hot running water and everything is provided from sheets and blankets to hot water bottles, down jackets, scarves and hats.
Due to the nature of the trekking, it is not recommended that younger children participate in this trip as they will tire easily.
Facilities at the lodges include a main dining room and bar where there is a happy hour each evening. There are beautiful gardens in each of the lodges. In most of the main dining halls there are lovely fireplaces where guests group around on colder evenings. Meals are all varied, and are ideally created for weary legs. Foot massages can be arranged.
Emma Mark (Staff)
This lodge is the only vegetarian lodge in the collection and I really enjoyed the vegetarian food here! Sadly we were not blessed with clear views but this lodge has some of the best of all the lodges. I loved the location of Himalaya as Gandruk village was a joy to explore its traditional buildings are so well preserved! its considered a model village by some!
Daniel Smith (Staff)
The Ker & Downey lodges are the best on offer in the Annapurna Region. They blend comfort and excellent service without losing the romance of trekking in the Himalaya. All rooms are en suite, and they offer a perfect retreat to rest after a day's walking. The local staff are all excellent, and the whole operation is run to perfection.
Helicopter Ride to Mustang & Annapurna Sanctuary
Take a helicopter flight from Pokhara to the Kingdom of Mustang where you will stop to explore for a few hours (and possibly have an audience with the king), before flying to the Annapurna Sanctuary witnessing stunning views all around you.
Hike to Tadapani
No trip to Nepal is complete without enjoying its majestic mountains. Pass through beautiful Nepalese villages with spectacular views of the Annapurna region. Take in the impressive vistas as you trek along the ridge top through the clouds.
Kathmandu, Nuwakot, Bandipur, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from $3300 pp 13 nights
- This itinerary takes you off the beaten track into small towns and villages between Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Stay in characterful and charming villages throughout the journey, to really get a taste of rural local life in Nepal
- Includes an amazing three-day trek in the Annapurna Range
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park & Dhulikhel
from $3900 pp 13 nights
- An amazing adventure through Nepal providing all the classic highlights including Kathmandu, Pokhara, Annapurna Region and Chitwan National Park
- Spend two days in search of the Royal Bengal Tiger in Chitwan National Park
- Spend 4 nights trekking through the stunning Annapurna Region accompanied by expert guides and a team of porters
Classic Nepal and Bhutan
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Dhilikhel, Thimphu, Punakha & Paro
from $7200 pp 14 nights
- Combine both Nepal & Bhutan - a fantastic combination seeing the two great landlocked Himalayan countries
- Trek in the Annapurna foothills where you can take in unspoiled mountain views
- Walk to the iconic Tigers Nest Monastery
Classic Nepal and India
Kathmandu, Pokhara, Annapurna Trek, Delhi, Agra & Jaipur
from $4500 pp 14 nights
- Lovely combination showcasing the highlights of Nepal and India
- Huge amount of history and culture included in the itinerary and a brilliant introduction to Nepal and India
- Lovely mix of bustling cities including Delhi and Kathmandu and the charming destinations of Jaipur and Pokhara.
Honeymoon to Nepal & Oman
Dhulikhel, Annapurna Trek, Kathmandu, Muscat
from $4600 pp 13 nights
- Perfect combination of relaxation and adventure - ideal for a honeymoon, but also a perfect itinerary for any couple wanting an active vacation coupled with relaxation
- Have your marriage blessed by a Hindu priest at Pashupatinath Temple or a Buddhist Lama from Shyalpa Tenzin Monastery
- Head to Bodnath Stupa for a butter-lamp ceremony with a Buddhist Monk
Nepal and Thailand for Teenagers
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Chitwan National Park, Phuket
from $8000 pp 14 nights
- Great combination of adventure in Nepal and relaxation in Thailand
- Fantastic five night trek in the Annapurna Range, staying in a new location each nigtht
- Tailored guiding experiences daily in Nepal to suit the whole family
Nepal for Teenagers
Kathmandu, Bandipur, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara, Seti River, Chitwan & Dhulikhel
from $4600 pp 14 nights
- Ideal for families with children 12 and up. Perfect time to visit from October to May
- Trek in the mountains, cycle through remote villages, zip-line, white water rafting and venture through the lush tropical jungle.
- Uses a great selection of hotels, but packed with adventure and experiences your children will love
Kathmandu, Annapurna Trek, Pokhara & Dhulikhel
from $3400 pp 11 nights
- Perfect for the more active, who want to focus on trekking in Nepal's mountains
- Trek privately in the Annapurna Mountains, staying at comfortable lodges.
- Explore the backstreets and colorful markets of Kathmandu and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Pokhara and Phewa Lake
Location & directions
This collection of lodges are spread out within the Annapurna Conservation Area, separated by picturesque terrain and a moderate half-day hike.