Heritage Line - Violet
Halong Bay, Vietnam
At a Glance
This is the most exclusive boat cruising the magical waters of Halong Bay
Six luxurious suites with private balconies. All rooms come in a different traditional Vietnamese-Indochine design theme
Personalized and impeccable service
Lots of activities both on and off the boat available
The four Imperial Suites even come with a private jacuzzi
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time of year to visit Halong Bay is during the spring or autumn. Because the bay is situated in the northern part of the country, it can get colder in the winter. The rainy season here is at its peak in July to September. July is the hottest month, January the coolest. The dry season runs from November to April.
Call us on to start planning your vacation to Heritage Line - Violet or take a look at our itineraries to Halong Bay
One of the most luxurious junks on these waters is the exclusive Violet. This junk cruises in style amidst the breathtaking pinnacles of Vietnam's Halong Bay, home to 3000 extraordinary islands, where there is so much to see.
With only six Suites, the Violet offers one of the most intimate experiences of cruising Halong Bay that there is. Each individually themed suite has been appointed with luxurious interiors and private balconies offering panoramic views over the bay. The four Imperial Suites also come with a private Jacuzzi.
Spend two days cruising around the stunning waters of Halong Bay, stopping off to visit local villages or enjoy a Tai Chi demonstration on deck. Delicious seafood caught that very day or delectable Vietnamese fusion cuisine is served in the dining room. Watching the sunset over Halong Bay is a once in a lifetime experience and a comfortable seat on the deck of the Violet provides a first class view.
On board the Violet there are two Junior Suites each with king size bed, TV, walk in shower, bath and private balcony. The four Violet Imperial Suites are larger still and have the luxury addition of Jacuzzis on the upper deck.
Children are welcome on board but there are no specific facilities for them, however inter-connecting cabins are available for families. The service on board is very personalized and the crew will do their utmost to make sure your stay as a family is as enjoyable as possible. Children will love the excitement of sleeping on board and having the ocean and all its adventures right on the doorstep.
Facilities on board the Violet are extensive for a boat this size and include a dining room, informative library lounge, well stocked bar, a small boutique, spa and sauna with a little gym.
Activities during your stay on board Violet include excursions to a fishing village, the visit of caves, hill top (view point) hiking and kayaking. Tai Chi classes and Vietnamese cooking classes are available daily. A sauna with a little gym offers some extra luxury amenities on this small boutique vessel.
Cruises are available as 1 or 2 night options. The 2-night cruise will include in addition a kayaking tour, visit Halong Bay’s largest cave and a local floating pearl farm.
Evi-Elli La Valle (Staff)
This has to be the most luxurious way to see the magical area of Halong Bay. With a maximum of 12 guests on board, everything is so personal and you do not envy the larger boats sailing past. Considering the amount of time spent in your cabin is minimal, the effort that has gone into them is amazing. Each room had been over-lavishly decorated and you could be forgiven for thinking that you are in a 5* star hotel, until you look out of the enormous picture windows and see the breathtaking pinnacles of Halong Bay passing by.
Imperious Halong Bay – a Unesco World Heritage site that resembles the set of a James Bond movie – has 1,500 forested limestone karsts rising sharply from the azure waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. You zip up from Hanoi early in the morning, then decant onto one of these wonderful junks for a rather good lunch while sailing through magical landscape, stopping off to check out beaches, snorkeling in crystal clear waters, cruising past floating villages, then anchoring up amid magnificent scenery before tucking into a 5-course dinner. After a nightcap on the top deck, drop down to your cabin for a good night’s sleep and find comfy beds, shiny wood, huge views and fancy showers. Sleep with your curtains open and wake to magical views. In the morning there’s tai chi on the deck (your teacher’s performance is quite sublime) and a trip to mountain caves for the best views in the islands. Then you jump back on board for a leisurely brunch before heading onwards.
Best of Indochina
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Champasak, Luang Prabang
from $6700 pp 14 nights
- A whirlwind trip around three countries in just two weeks, ticking off the major sites in each location.
- The capital of Vietnam, Hanoi is in the north of the country and conveniently located just a few hours drive from the world famous Halong Bay where dramatic limestone karsts and islands erupt from the sea.
- Halong Bay, Hue ancient city, Hoi An, the Angkor Temple Complex, Wat Phou in Champasak and Luang Prabang are all protected UNESCO World Heritage sites and well worth visiting.
Luang Prabang, Siem Reap, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Saigon
from $6600 pp 15 nights
- Take in the key locations of three countries in this classic tour, perfect for first time visitors to the area.
- Spend an exciting two weeks combining busy days of guided sightseeing with plenty of time to relax and unwind at your leisure.
- Return home relaxed and refreshed after a seamless journey around Indochina on this perfectly paced route.
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City
from $2800 pp 8 nights
- A unique itinerary combining city stops, cultural experiences, stunning scenery and a tight focus on finding new culinary delights.
- Enjoy the hotspots of Vietnam and soak up the history and culture of this wonderful country while indulging in some delicious local food and drink.
- Two city stops are perfectly balanced by a blissful night among the scenery of Halong Bay, and a short break in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Hoi An on the central coast.
Grand Tour of Southeast Asia
Hong Kong, Saigon, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Luang Prabang, Chiang Mai, Bangkok
from $10200 pp 21 nights
- Discover Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand on this unforgettable tour
- is an all-encompassing tour taking on five countries. Tailor-made to meet your preferences, we handcraft all our vacations to give you an true insight into the cultures, local life and history of each destination with our expert guides and personalized experiences. Whether its your first time in Asia or your fifth, this trip is set to really impress.
- Enjoy a four-night stay winding your way down the magical Mekong river
Honeymoon to Cambodia and Vietnam
Siem Reap, Da Nang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Phu Quoc, Ho Chi Minh City
from $6500 pp 15 nights
- What better way to start your honeymoon than by exploring the ruins of the world-famous Angkor temples together, and watching the sun rise over Angkor Wat.
- Hoi An on Vietnam's central coast is a gorgeous UNESCO World Heritage town and is very romantic and atmospheric with little riverside restaurants, tiny alleys to explore and paper lanterns adorning the streets.
- Hanoi is the quaint capital of Vietnam, a world away from the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam in the south. You'll love wandering the streets in the Old Quarter and finding the best egg-coffee in town!
Honeymoon to Indochina
Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Luang Prabang, Siem Reap, Krabey Island
from $7100 pp 14 nights
- The capital of Thailand, Bangkok is a great place to start your honeymoon. Crammed with fabulous restaurants, shops, museums and galleries, this city truly offers something for everyone.
- From Hanoi in northern Vietnam, you will be able to easily visit the world-famous Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its iconic limestone karsts.
- Laos is certainly a lesser known and less traveled country in South East Asia, but we thoroughly recommend taking the time to visit the stunning hill town of Luang Prabang. Quiet, romantic and set amongst untouched natural scenery, this is perfect for honeymooners.
Location & directions
Halong Bay, Vietnam
170 kilometers from Hanoi, in northeastern Vietnam, Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage site and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places on earth.