Tioman Island, Malaysia
At a Glance
- Japamala Resort is set in a secluded spot on the beautiful Tioman Island, surrounded by lush jungle and the South China Sea
- Despite only having 13 rooms, there are two restaurants and a charming overwater bar
- The layout and atmosphere make this much more suited to couples rather than families
- The accommodation is set in treehouse-style chalets, tucked away in the jungle. Some boast sea views and private pools
- There are coral reefs just off the resort's jetty, great for snorkeling
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Best weather between March and September, but as with anywhere in the tropics, afternoon showers shouldn't be a shock. Temperatures rarely drop much below 30 degrees.
Call us on 858 345 1762 to start planning your vacation to Japamala Resort or take a look at our itineraries to East Coast
Japamala Resort is a rustic, luxurious resort, set in a secluded location on the tropical Tioman Island off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. This intimate retreat is ideal for couples seeking privacy and relaxation in a picturesque setting.
Clare Barratt (Staff)
Japamala Resort is a gem of a resort located on Tioman Island. It is accessed usually via a small plane from Kuala Lumpur's domestic airport which is quite an experience in itself. The landing especially! You then take a boat to the resort where you are greeted with the most picturesque beach with the white sands and turquoise waters that we all hanker after. The resort itself is luxury but I would describe it more as a rustic type of luxury. Chalets are spacious but a little dark with lots of wooden features and they can be a bit squeaky! The seacliff ones really are quite amazing, so if your budget allows I would go for one of these even though they are a bit more of a walk away.
Kuala Lumpur & Tioman Island, Malaysia
from $1500 pp 9 nights
- Dine out in one of Kuala Lumpur's critically acclaimed restaurants.
- The accommodation on Japamala island is traditional Malay style and the staff are so warm and welcoming - a real island retreat.
- Ascend the Petronas Towers at sunset for spectacularly romantic views across Kuala Lumpur.
Location & directions
Tioman Island, Malaysia
Japamala Resort is located on Tioman Island which is just of the east coast of mainland Malaysia. The resort itself feels quite secluded and is best accessed by boat.
How to get there
13-hour international flight to Kuala Lumpur, followed by a 1-hour flight to Tioman Island and a 20-minute road and boat transfer.