Cruise the Yangtze River
Yangtze River, Sichuan and Yangtze Cruises, China
Enjoy a cruise between Yichang and Chongqing, visiting the 816 Underground Project, White Crane Ridge Underwater Museum, Shennong Stream, Three Gorges and the Three Gorges Project Dam Site.
Some of the stops which you may get to enjoy are:
- 816 Underground Project: Hidden in the mountains of Fuling, it is the world's largest man-made military cave and believed to be part of a nuclear project
- White Crane Ridge Underwater Museum: You will be taken 148 feet under the water to admire the intricate ancient rock carvings along the river bed.
- Shennong Stream: Board a traditional longboat sampan with your Tuja boatmen through the verdant gorge and hanging coffins.
- Three Gorges: Admire the beauty of the Wu Gorge, Qutang Gorge and Xiling Gorge as you sail through these unique example where nature and men carve a landscape out of the area.
- White King Town: Located at the entrance of the Qutang Gorge, it is believed that the Ba Kingdom started from here approximately 2,000 years ago. This site will be visited only if there are enough interests by the ship guests.
- Three Gorges Project Dam Site and Exhibition Centre: Admire the world's largest and most expensive engineering feat, spanning 2,335 metres in length and 181 metres in height.
(Please note that exact itinerary may differ depending on your exact sailing date, choice of cruise ship and weather condition on the day itself.)