Novotel Beijing Peace Hotel
Beijing, Beijing & Around, China
At a Glance
The Novotel Beijing Peace Hotel is ideally located in central Beijing close to the vibrant area of Wangfujing. It is within walking distance of the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and shopping malls.
The Square Restaurant has an Asian and International buffet as well as offering a la carte menu. Le Cabernet is located in front of the hotel and offers French cuisine for both Lunch and Dinner.
The Hotel has an indoor swimming pool and a fitness centre and offers bicycles for those wishing to explore the city independently.
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
Beijing enjoys four distinctive seasons owning to its humid continental climate, ranging from very warm during the summer: 28ºC to 38ºC, to chilly and dry during the winter: -10ºC to 10ºC. Autumn (September to early November) is the optimal season to visit Beijing as the weather is gorgeous and fewer tourists are in town. In winter, it’s glacial outside (dipping as low as -20°C) and the northern winds cut through the city. Arid spring is OK, apart from the awesome sand clouds that sweep in from Inner Mongolia and the static electricity that discharges everywhere. Spring also sees the snow like liuxù(willow catkins) wafting through the air and collecting in drifts. From May onwards the mercury can surge well over 30°C. Beijing simmers under a scorching sun in summer (reaching over 40°C), which also sees heavy rainstorms late in the season. Maybe surprisingly, this is also considered the peak season, when hotels typically raise their rates and the Great Wall nearly collapses under the weight of marching tourists. Air pollution can be intolerable in both summer and winter.
To start planning your holiday to Novotel Beijing Peace Hotel
Located in the city centre, just a short walk from Wangfujing Street, and very close to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, the 389 rooms of Novotel Beijing Peace Hotel are in a prime location for getting to know the city.
Each of the Novatel’s modern rooms is ample sized and equipped with all the modern amenities of a city hotel. There is also the option to upgrade to a Club Room, which will grant you access to the Lounge where you can enjoy breakfast with great views of The Forbidden City. This is also a good option for families, as the hotel has larger rooms to accommodate the whole family and a play area for children.
The hotel is well located to explore the city. Conveniently, the main railway station is a short fifteen minute walk away, the shopping hub of Wangfujing is on the hotel’s doorstep, and key attractions such as the Forbidden City are within walking distance.
The hotel has two restaurants including an all-day buffet restaurant offering international cuisine and an a la carte French restaurant, La Cabernet, which is located in front of the hotel. There you can enjoy the elegance of French décor paired with delicious French cuisine, only a stone’s throw away from your hotel room. The extensive dining options mean there is something for all tastes to enjoy in a stylish setting.
The hotel has an indoor swimming pool as well as a small fitness centre.
Beijing, Luoyang, Xian, Chengdu, Guilin, Yangshuo & Shanghai
from £3200 pp inc flights & transfers for 12 nights
- This is a wonderful Itinerary which explores the history and culture of Beijing, with a visit to the Terracotta Army in Xi’an and a chance to see the Giant Panda in Chengdu. With a cruise down the River Li and a final few days in Shanghai, this is a varied Itinerary which suits those that want to see more of China
- Travelling through various areas of China you will get to taste the amazing regional foods including dumplings in Xi’an, noodles in Beijing, and a spicy hot pot in Chengdu
- Ending in Shanghai you can spend a night at the Chinese Circus, a wonderful way to end your trip to China
Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo & Shanghai
from £3100 pp inc flights & transfers for 11 nights
- You can immerse yourself in both modern China in cities like Beijing and Shanghai, whilst gazing in awe at the Terracotta Army and enjoying rural China in Guilan and Yangshuo
- Try some of the amazing restaurants in each city but do not forget the regional street food in places like Xia’an, which is mouth-watering and unique to each area
- Ending in Shanghai with its wonderful Art Deco buildings and the incredible Bund, where you can sample Hu cuisine from a garden rooftop restaurant or a noodle house in the old city
Location & directions
Beijing, Beijing & Around, China
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator