Now that the UK has officially left the EU, we have put together the following advice to help answer any queries you may have. For comprehensive information, we recommend reading the full advice listed on the government website for UK Nationals travelling to the EU.

Passports – check if you need to renew

  • Please ensure that your passport has a minimum of six months validity remaining on the date of your arrival into an EU country. Here is a useful tool to help check your passport validity.
  • Your passport needs to have been issued less than 10 years ago.
  • We would advise that you renew your passport sooner rather than later to ensure you have it in time for your holiday. This can be done online or at the Post Office. Full information on passport renewal can be found here.

Travel Insurance – a pre-requisite

  • Please remember that is one of our booking conditions to ensure that you have adequate travel insurance in place when you travel with us.

Healthcare – EHIC cards still valid

  • If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) this will continue to be valid if you’re travelling to an EU country. No new EHIC cards will be issued to people travelling to the EU on holiday.
  • If you’re travelling to Switzerland, Norway or Iceland you must ensure you have appropriate travel insurance including healthcare cover prior to travel.

Visas – not required for short trips

  • Visas will not be required for short trips less than 90 days to EU countries, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.

Border Control – what to expect

  • You may need to use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens.
  • You may need to show a return or onward ticket.

Driving – what you need

  • You will need to carry a physical copy of your green card (insurance certificate) to demonstrate you’re insured to drive your car in the EU.
  • You will need to display a GB sticker on your car.
  • If you only have a paper copy of your driving licence you may need an international driving permit. However, you don’t need this if you have a plastic card driving licence.
  • You may need an international driving licence if you have a driving licence issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man.
Less More

Call us on 020 3993 8860 to discuss your holiday