Marxal Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- Superb views of Caucasus mountain ranges
- Abundant option of recreational activities
Overall best available resort in Shaki
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The climate of Azerbaijan is continental with warm summers and sub-zero winters. Areas surrounding Baku receive high levels of wind throughout the year making them quite cool, with months between November and Feburary particularly cold. Summers in Azerbaijan, from May until October, are characterised by blue skies and sunny days with occasional heavy rains. The best time to visit Azerbaijan to avoid the height of the summer heat and cold winter are from May-June and September-October.
Call us on to start planning your holiday to Marxal Resort & Spa or take a look at our itineraries to Azerbaijan
Marxal Resort & Spa is an excellent retreat in the foothill of Caucasus mountains, offering the perfect stopover for those travelling through the Azerbaijan countryside towards Georgia.
The 350 rooms and 168 villas in Marxal Resort & Spa is relatively spacious and modern. Amenities include smart HDTV with international satellite channels, mini bar, branded toiletries, free WiFi, electronic safe, as well as tea & coffee facilities
Today, you will learn how to make a traditional cuisine called dolma, made from grape leaves stuffed with meat, at the Sheki's Karvansaray.
Join a pastry chef to unravel the culinary secrets behind the makings of this super-sweet dessert.
Hike Ilisu Village
Enjoy a hike through this quaint village in the area of Gakh to photogenic ramparts, spectacular viewpoints and waterfalls.
Lovers of history will rejoice a brief stop at the historical caravanserai.
Shaki Khan Palace
Visit the Palace of Shaki Khans, a grand palace that acted as the summer residence for the Shaki Khans. Explore this two-floor masonry structure admiring the murals, stained-glass windows, fountains and decorative tiles.
Gourmet Caucasus: Origins of Wine & Black Caviar
Baku, Shaki, Tsinandali, Tbilisi & Yerevan
from £4900 pp inc flights & transfers for 11 nights
- Spice up your journey with a wide selection of Gourmet Optionals
- Breathe in the bursting wine aroma in the Georgian valleys, home to the world's first wine civilization
- In Baku, you may want to enjoy the rare black caviar tasting with champagne in the exclusive Nobel Brothers or on board a private yacht cruise
Baku, Shaki, Telavi, Tbilisi, Kazbegi, Kutaisi, Mestia, Borjomi, Dilijan & Yerevan
from £5200 pp inc flights & transfers for 14 nights
- Breathtaking valleys ornamented with isolated UNESCO churches and monasteries
- Idyllic retreat to the Caucasus mountains straddling between Europe and Asia
- Sip a glass of Saperavi in style at the oldest wine civilization
Location & directions
A quiet retreat, Marxal Resort & Spa is approximately 15-minute drive away from Shaki city centre and 2.5 hours’ drive away from Ganja Airport.
- 100% financial protection
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Firsthand knowledge
- Renowned service
- Award-winning tour operator