Eco-Omo Safari Lodge
At a Glance
- Set in lush gardens overlooking the Neri River and ideally located for exploring the Omo Valley
- A traditional design that is natural and sensitive to its surroundings
- African-style tented rooms with four-poster beds
- Delicious food made using home-grown fruit and vegetables
Best time to Visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
The best time to visit Ethiopia is from mid to late October until May. During this time the highlands are ideal for hiking especially after the rainy season has just finished as the landscape bursts into life.
Due to the high altitude of the country in comparison to its location conditions get quite cool at night. Temperatures generally can reach above 30°C in lowland areas, whereas the highland temperature can dip below 20°C. Addis Ababa has a relatively even temperature year-round.
Call us on to start planning your holiday to Eco-Omo Safari Lodge or take a look at our itineraries to Omo and southern Ethiopia
Eco-Omo Safari Lodge is located just outside Jinka in the Omo Valley. The lodge blends harmoniously with its surroundings and provides a traditional home for guests in southern Ethiopia, including home-grown vegetables and freshly-ground coffee.
The lodge has 20 safari tented rooms which are built up on a platform and have an ensuite bathroom.
Although Eco-Omo Safari Lodge welcomes children, there are no specific facilities for them.
The restaurant serves up delicious food made using fresh fruit and vegetables from the lodge’s gardens. There is also freshly-ground coffee from the on-site plantation to accompany your meals, which borrow Italian and international flavours. The al-fresco bar has an idyllic wooden terrace which looks out over the Neri River and is a tranquil spot for a relaxing drink after a day exploring the national parks.
The lodge offers nature walks, birdwatching, horse riding and visits to local tribes.
Northern Ethiopia and the Omo Valley
Addis Ababa, Lake Tana, Gondar, Axum, Lalibela & Omo Valley
from AED 21100 pp 11 nights
- The Hamer People of the Omo Valley are known for the bull jumping ceremony, the culmination of a three day initiation rite
- Visit the fascinating rock hewn churches of Lalibela
- Take a city tour of Addis Ababa which can include the archaeological museum which contains a copy of the skeleton of 'Lucy'
Location & directions
Eco-Omo Safari Lodge is set on the banks of the Neri River, on the outskirts of Jinka. It’s right at the heart of the Omo Valley, just a short drive from Mago and Omo National Parks.