From a young age I gravitated towards new experiences. The chance to discover new places was the highlight of many birthday celebrations and weekend getaways with the family. With a background in cruising and expedition travel, I’ve now been fortunate to visit over 60 countries throughout South & Central America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
In each place, I love to immerse myself in the environment, the culture, to speak to locals and taste the cuisine. Each time, I walk away with a new found understanding and respect for the destination.
One of my ‘aha moments’ was on the island of Acuatupu in Panama. There, I was greeted by the children of the community, invited to play soccer with them at their school, have lunch with local families, and learn the craft of making ‘molas’ (a traditional outfit of the Kuna Indians). The experience showed me the positive long lasting effect that the humility of just one local person can have on a foreign traveler. It's how I now choose to associate with others wherever I go.
Originally from Mexico City but raised in San Diego, California, I’m passionate about sharing my experiences in Latin America and look forward to helping you create an itinerary that will leave a lasting impression on you.
Beyond travel, snowboarding, surfing, long distance road biking, and paddle boarding are what keep my weekends busy. Equally important, spending quality time with my family is a must!
Favourite places I've been
- Always carry your phone and electronics in a waterproof carrycase. You never know when an unexpected rain shower will surprise you!
- Roll, don't fold, your clothes into your suitcase. It means you can travel lighter with a small pack or add more gear in if your itinerary takes you through a range of regions that require more than one type of clothing.
- 'To those who can dream, there is no such place as far away." Unknown
- It's not sexy but remember to buy travel insurance! Life has unexpected twists and turns and being able to protect your travel plans and adjust as necessary brings so much peace of mind in the face of adversity.
- "Not all who wander are lost." J.R. Tolkien
My hot picks
The ambiance and history of this hotel is something to behold. As you walk through courtyard to music you're transported back to the time when it was a working monastery. Sample freshly cut artisan meats and cheese, sip fabulous wine, and explore Cuzco.
The décor and architecture blend well with the environment. Its location and comfort levels are second to none. Views of the mountains and the expansive desert landscape are otherwordly. With so many activities on offer, it’s a destination in itself.