Originally from New Zealand, I have always been passionate about travel growing up exploring the Southern Hemisphere and of course my own backyard which I have to say is one of the most beautiful countries in the world!
Being a Kiwi you would have thought that I had experienced snow while growing up but that wasn't the case for me - far to many vacations spent at the beach or on a tropical island. I had actually never seen snow until my first winter season in 2002 for Scott Dunn. I have been lucky enough to work 11 winter seasons and 10 summers mostly in our chalet and villa program which helps me know the vacations inside out.
What my guests have said
"The experience from making an inquiry to post trip follow up is professional and quick. I would like to thank Kate who always look after us and provide an excellent service."
"Kate was fantastic and dealt with my numerous emails promptly and with extreme patience!"
"Kate did an excellent job, always friendly, helpful, patient and kind."
"Very helpful, especially as I kept changing vacation dates and destinations!"
Favourite places I've been
- While in Whistler give Fresh Tracks a try. The chance to be the first up the gondola and down the slopes before anyone else is priceless. (Even the locals purchase the fresh track ticket just to beat the crowds on a powder day!).
- Make sure you upload the Epic Mix App for skiing in Vail/Beaver Creek/Canyons and Park City a great way to keep track of your skiing miles and earn badges on your vacation.
- If you need some advice or you have forgotten something for your vacation then ask the ‘Whatever, Whenever’ concierge team at the W Hotel in Verbier.
- Beaver Creek & Disney Orlando is a great family vacation, with a mix of hot and cold with a fantastic choice of family accommodations and easy connecting flights – perfect for an Easter break.
- If your looking for a traditional meal while in Val d'Isere - make sure you book yourselves in for an evening of Savoyard delights at 1789.
- My top pick of runs in the Three Valleys would of course be Jerusaleum down to St Martin de Bellevarde - great for the whole family.
- Experience the 'NEW' Solaise Express where you have 7 minutes to warm yourselves up and post your pictures from the morning skiing with the complimentary wifi. Even better if you get in one of the two glass bottom cabins which have stunning views.
- For family fun make sure you book tobogganing on Tuesday or Thursday evenings in St Anton.
My hot picks
This chalet really is the crème of the crop, it’s not just any vacation here - it is an experience. It’s the most breath-taking place to stay, with the finest attention to detail.
What better way to experience three different resorts and some wonderful scenery with some famous Swiss service?
Superb central location within Vail village, a wine wall to impress any connoisseur and the fantastic Frost Bar which serves the best Margaritas in town.