Having conquered India and Asia; from the Himalayas to the Mekong, deserted Philippino islands to trekking with Orang utans, I turned my attention to North America. Everything is huge... vast canyons, expanses of vivid orang rock in Utah, Sequioa trees in Yosemite and giant Roman-esque natural temple formations in Bryce, nothing so far has beaten it.
What my guests have said
''Having got back from Borneo on Sat, I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to you all for pulling together such an incredible vacation for us. It was AMAZING!!!!! It was action packed, full of color and life, and we got to experience so much. Everything ran smoothly and the local operators were ace.''
"I just wanted to let you know that we had the most amazing time in Sri Lanka. We are now in Kuala Lumpur having a bit of a rest and looking forward to Borneo. The hotels you selected for us were amazing. Our driver Anthony was also brilliant, always smiling and very knowledgeable. We couldn't have asked for better please could you pass this on to his boss.''
''Just a very quick note to say what a fantastic time we had in Komodo and to thank you for all for arranging things today which has been a great end to our vacation. The guide today is superb and a real credit to Destination Asia. ''
Favourite places I've been
- If you have a head for heights, challenge yourself and hike Angels Landing in Zion National Park, Utah. Your heart will race but you'll never forget it!
- On the Pacific Coast Highway keep an eye out for the small bays and large looking rocks.... it's likely there will be giant seals enjoying some midday sun.
- Bright Angel Trail is the ultimate of the breathtaking Grand Canyon's many trails. Pack double the snacks you'd normally eat!
- The sky on a clear night in Utah is one of the most incredible sights you will see. Big, huge skies and blinding stars as far as the eye can see.
- As well as Napa and Sonoma, Carmel Valley is a must-stop for wine lovers. Enjoy a glass of local wine, where Clint Eastwood was once Mayor.