Whoever said "There’s no place like home", in my view, could not be more wrong. I am very fortunate to have traveled to many countries as a result of my mother’s wanderlust. Whether it be campervanning around New Zealand, soaking up the vibrant Cuban culture, drinking tea in the Sri Lankan Tea Plantations or carving up the pistes in Europe, I most certainly have the travel bug!
From a young age I was fortunate to travel with my family all over the world and this is where my passion for travel began. Finishing school, I decided to do a ski season in Val d'Isere and then travel Asia before heading to Newcastle University to study Geography. During the summer months at University I escaped to the likes of Rwanda to teach English and managed to squeeze in as many trips as I possibly could. After having some incredible experiences, I was delighted to join Scott Dunn in 2015 as a Ski Specialist and have been fortunate enough to visit many fantastic properties all over Europe. In March 2017, I made an exciting move to our Singapore Office which will offer lots of traveling opportunities I am sure!
What my guests have said
"Georgie Carlisle dealt with a complicated itinerary and multiple variations with grace and efficiency."
"Georgie understood our requirements and needs for our vacation, she was also very quick at responding to my questions."
"We found Georgie to be an absolute pleasure to deal with - extremely knowledgeable, prompt/efficient in her responses and a very good communicator."
Favourite places I've been
- I thoroughly suggest trying a ski safari in The Dolomites, Italy. You will see quaint Italian Villages, eat the most spectacular food and ski through the most panoramic scenes with a stopover at a rifugio one night for added adventure!
- Wind through Sri Lanka stopping off at tea plantations, elephant orphanages and beaches, it is a trip which incorporates so many different cultures and views taking in the diverse culture.
- Treat yourself and take the Glacier Express in Switzerland from Zermatt to St Moritz, it winds its way at such a sedate pace and travels through some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable.
- Drive to the top of the Bay of Islands in New Zealand for a one in a lifetime deep sea fishing experience.
- If you are looking to visit the Taj Mahal in India, I suggest getting there in time for sunrise, the marble sparkles and the crowds are far smaller
- Spend a night on a private houseboat which is a tranquil way to explore the magical backwaters of Kerala. You will have your very own crew to cook traditional Keralan meals whilst you watch the sun set.
My hot picks
One of our Flagship chalets which is ideal for families and groups of friends. It even has an indoor climbing wall and a fabulous swimming pool!