Whoever said "There’s no place like home", in my view, could not be more wrong. I am very fortunate to have traveled to many countries as a result of my mother’s wanderlust. Whether it be campervanning around New Zealand, soaking up the vibrant Cuban culture, drinking tea in the Sri Lankan Tea Plantations or carving up the pistes in Europe, I most certainly have the travel bug!
From a young age I was fortunate to travel with my family all over the world and this is where my passion for travel began. Finishing school, I decided to do a ski season in Val d'Isere and then travel Asia before heading to Newcastle University to study Geography. During the summer months at University I escaped to the likes of Rwanda to teach English and managed to squeeze in as many trips as I possibly could. After having some incredible experiences, I was delighted to join Scott Dunn in 2015 as a Ski Specialist and have been fortunate enough to visit many fantastic properties all over Europe. In March 2017, I made an exciting move to our Singapore Office which will offer lots of traveling opportunities I am sure!
What my guests have said
"Georgie Carlisle dealt with a complicated itinerary and multiple variations with grace and efficiency."
"Georgie understood our requirements and needs for our vacation, she was also very quick at responding to my questions."
"We found Georgie to be an absolute pleasure to deal with - extremely knowledgeable, prompt/efficient in her responses and a very good communicator."
"Georgina, It was a brilliant vacation – the hotel staff were excellent and it all just “worked”. Thank you so much."
"It was our first trip with Scott Dunn and we will be using you again and recommending you to friends. We were very impressed with the hotel and staff they were very friendly and helpful."
"The vacation went great for all the family and thank you for sorting out such a difficult itinerary. Val d’Isère is the best ski resort and we had beautiful weather all week. We think that the Scott Dunn organization was perfect."
"A big thank you for arranging our vacation, we had an amazing time. The perfect mix of adult sophistication and family friendliness."
Favourite places I've been
- I thoroughly suggest trying a ski safari in The Dolomites, Italy. You will see quaint Italian Villages, eat the most spectacular food and ski through the most panoramic scenes with a stopover at a rifugio one night for added adventure!
- Island hopping through Greece making time to stop off for alfresco dining and people watching whilst sampling the local delicacies like fresh squid and juicy olives as well as discovering the local olive oil which tastes different everywhere you go!
- Treat yourself and take the Glacier Express in Switzerland from Zermatt to St Moritz, it winds its way at such a sedate pace and travels through some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable.
- If you are looking to visit the Taj Mahal in India, I suggest getting there in time for sunrise, the marble sparkles and the crowds are far smaller
- Spend a night on a private houseboat which is a tranquil way to explore the magical backwaters of Kerala. You will have your very own crew to cook traditional Keralan meals whilst you watch the sun set.
- If you want to see the beautiful Greek countryside then hop on a bike, preferably at a cooler time of day. From here you can properly see the locals, small bustling villages and also fantastic wildlife. Take a pitstop and watch the world go by!
My hot picks
After a tiring day skiing you can have a pit stop on the wonderful outdoor terrace for a warm drink and to listen to the fantastic live band for entertainment.
One of our Flagship chalets which is ideal for families and groups of friends. It even has an indoor climbing wall and a fabulous swimming pool!
With nearby Greek villages, never ending olive groves and mountain landscapes, Daios Cove was a real treat, especially with its cove beach. The local town of Agios Nikolaos, the Minoan site of Knossos, and Spinalonga too are all wonderful sites to explore
The fabulous brand new villas at Eagles Resort in Greece are a lovely extension to Eagles Palace and are a fantastic way to vacation in style. The villas are designed beautifully with wonderful views of the beach and sea.
The most magical way to take in the backwaters in Kerala. These houseboats have a crew of three people and it is a fantastic way of exploring the local countryside and seeing local people getting along with their daily lives.
A favorite slopeside hotel in Courchevel with a sunny terrace, amazing restaurant and our wonderful Scott Dunn Childcare Club too making it a perfect stay for family or couple.
With wonderful views, fantastic restaurants and located opposite the lifts you won't find anywhere more enjoyable to stay, especially with its fun decor and locally sourced produce to enjoy too.