I'll ski and snowboard in rain, hail and sub-zero temperatures, however, my belief that I was a lizard in a previous life has recently lead me to the warm, turquoise waters of the Caribbean and Indian Ocean!
As a watersports enthusiast and keen sailor, I've been lucky enough to work and play in the Greek Islands, British Virgin Islands and many of the other Caribbean Islands.
After spending my 20s and early 30s working in the Alps and watersports resorts in Europe, I spent a year traveling around Australia. To be able to now work in the luxury travel industry, while looking after a young family at home, is just my dream! I get to travel to the most amazing places and relay new found knowledge to my guests! Scott Dunn works with the best properties around the world and I can't wait to broaden my 'Travel CV'!
What my guests have said
"Clare Leigh helped us and she was patient, responsive and really helpful, in a very unobtrusive way I would certainly use Clare again"
"Thank you so much for sending me the quote and for all your assistance and guidance in my reservation. You sound like a very nice lady and I found you to be highly professional in your approach."
"I feel like we might have set the bar for what the kids now expect from a vacation very high, don't know if we'll be able to top it next year! Thanks again for all your help, you've been a star!"
"Thank you for all your help today; I very much appreciate the attention and assistance that you have given me and I am delighted that we were able to get something fixed up in such short order."
"Thank you Clare. I think you've covered all our needs! You've been a great help. Thanks so much. If you can just fix for sunshine!"
"Thanks for all your help Clare. I had been searching for weeks and you nailed it first time!"
“Clare was thorough and professional and always fielded my many inquiries in a timely manner.”
Favourite places I've been
- The first Olympic Winter Games were held in 1924, at the foot of Mont Blanc, in Chamonix, France.
- Don’t forget your driver’s licence - hire a car/moped to see the sights and get off the beaten track.
- Did you know that Admiral Louis de Bougainvillea, a French navigator, discovered this lovely plant in 1768 after he traveled to South America, the bougainvillea's native region!
- In the age of digital photography you can never take too many photos; they are the best memento of a vacation or once in a lifetime trip. Invest in a good camera and don't forget your battery charger!
- Did you know that the fruit with the highest content of vitamin C in the world is the Barbados cherry and that you only need to eat one cherry for your full day’s requirement?
- Did you know that Mount Obama is the highest point in Antigua at 402m high. Its name was changed from Boggy Peak in 2009 to honour US President Obama!
- If you’re in Barbados in July, head to ‘Dive Fest Barbados’ which celebrates the underwater world. The festival features water awareness, scuba & freediving demonstrations, beach clean ups, conservation tips as well as lion fish hunting and tasting!
- Did you know that Barbados was the only vacation destination in the world with a scheduled Concorde service that served the island with up to four flights a week in the winter season and that one of the original Concorde planes now resides in Barbados?!
My hot picks
Lots of cosy corners to enjoy a well earned vin chaud or biere! Excellent location and amazing mountain views to wake up to.
Ultimate beach vacation with lots of watersports, great choice of dining options and the best Caribbean beach ever!
2 minutes from La Face (men's downhill run). With an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room along with a brand new hot tub on the balcony and awesome views, this is arguably one of the best chalets in The Alps.
The 2 bedroom apartment in The Fort building is my favorite and is right next door to the infamous 'Fish Pot' restaurant!
This is the place to stay for a great kids' club and lots of watersports from dinghy sailing to kite surfing!