Living, breathing and seeing exciting places is an endless pursuit and so working in travel was the only job for me. Each place in the world inevitably has its own appeal yet my passion is focused on India Arabia & Asia; whether it's the authentic food, fascinating people or verdant and dramatic landscapes it really continues to capture my attention.
Since my family vacations when I was younger I have constantly been on the move always jetting off to far flung places trying to get my fix. Whether it's visiting Tibetan Monestries in Nepal, working with Orangutans in Malaysia and submerging myself in 3 meters of snow on an Icelandic volcanic crater there is nothing better than beginning each day not knowing what you will experience.
I am now based in the Singapore office to really get a feel for a different city and enjoying all that it has to offer, it is also a perfect gateway to the rest of Asia where the traveling options are limitless.
What my guests have said
'We just wanted to let you know that have had an absolutely amazing vacation, thank you all so much for your hard work pulling it together and making sure that all of the logistics tied up.'
'Amy listened to us, suggested really interesting options, kept us informed and responded quickly to any worries we had along the way.'
'I never do this (because I’ve never felt the need before!) but I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you - to you and Clare,'
We just had the best honeymoon ever! Thank you thank you thank you.
Favourite places I've been
- Although taking photos is great, make sure you enjoy the moment - put down the camera and take in the here and now!
- When you are in Java, make sure you make a trip to Mount Bromo and before sunrise head up to one of the viewing places and watch as the light comes up over the smoking volcano.
- Throughout the whole of Asia the food is one of the greatest experiences, always try local delicacies if you dont like it then its ticked off the list but trying it is a must.
- In Australia heading into the outback is a must, there is nothing quite like the vast expanse of arid land. Truly a world wonder!
- Nepal is a buzzing and vibrant place, head off down the side streets and dont be afraid to get lost in amongst the alleyways as that is where you will find the best and most authentic shops, restaurants and galleries.
- Oman is truly breathtaking a very unique, make sure you wake up early for sunrise over the dramatic desert and mountain landscapes.
My hot picks
Everything at Alila is amazing; whether its the food, service, mountain views or spa. Being 2000m above sea level it is remote, beautiful and truly idyllic.
Though it's an early start make sure you head to Borobudur to watch the sunrise, as the mist clears the views are breathtaking.