Our guide to winter 2014/15
Next season and what you need to know:
• 16 November – the last of early bird booking offers for North American hotels usually expire around this date – the message is simple, the earlier you book the better deal you will get.
• Book your North American ski passes by mid-November and enjoy great savings. We can book your ski passes in advance to help you secure the best deal, rather than leaving it until you get there when they are full price.
• 14 December – start early and beat the crowds – this is usually a great value week with quiet slopes in advance of the Christmas rush.
• A White Christmas – book one of our chalets for Christmas and make the most of your family time together. Let our chefs take care of the cooking and our hosts do the clearing up while you put your feet up and enjoy a relaxing and stress-free vacation in one of our fabulous chalets.
• Early January for chalets – think outside the box and consider a chalet vacation the week after New Year. This week is still considered a ‘peak’ week in many hotels due to the Orthodox Christmas, so a chalet provides a great value alternative.
• 15 February – This is half term week for both the UK and pretty much all of France. If you are committed to traveling this week then book now to secure availability.
• Consider North America as an alternative and get a great value vacation – aggressive early booking discounts offered by the North American ski hotels means that you can enjoy fantastic savings. It's worth noting, there is only one daily British Airways flight from London to Denver so availability will become tight quickly.
• If you are not tied to school vacations - travel in March. Most of March is an off peak month so the slopes will be quiet and the weather warmer, making for brilliant spring skiing – and ideal for families with pre-school aged kids looking to ski for the first time.
• Our hot tip - as Easter falls early this year it is definitely worth considering as an alternative to February half term – less busy with warmer, sunny days. Plus there's the added benefit of the bank vacations meaning less vacation to take from work. The majority of the resorts we feature are at a higher altitude and are more 'snow-sure' at Easter as a result.