10 things to do with children on a rainy day
(or when it’s too hot to go outside in the midday sun)
Here are 10 great things to do with your little ones on a rainy day or if somewhere sunny, you may need these ideas for out-of-the-sun time.
- Let the children make the rules for the day and you have to stick to them! Make a list of the rules and don’t cheat.
- Learn a new card game. You can download numerous games onto your ipad, which should keep children and parents amused for hours.
- Make smoothies and freeze them for later - five a day.
- Play hide and seek or sardines.
- Make golf clubs out of rolled up newspapers, “holes” with masking tape, and roll a tennis ball round the 18 holes in the house.
- Put several objects on a tray, let the children study it for a few moments, remove one object and see who can tell what's missing.
- Make a comic strip with vacation photos and captions.
- Hide some treasure and give the children a map to find them - anything shiny often works a treat.
- Make tents inside using the furniture and some sheets – everybody loves a den.
- If you finally resort to the TV, make it a matinee and get your children to draw posters and make popcorn.