"I worked in Turkey, which led to working winters."
I first caught the travel bug when I did my first season in Turkey, which soon led to working winters in the snow and summers in the Mediterranean. After 5 seasons I decided to settle down and ended up spending a year saving for my next trip. I then spent a year travelling visiting China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil. I joined Scott Dunn on my return in 2009 specialising in ski and villa holidays.
Favourite places I’ve been
Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius – amazing service, friendly staff and a beautiful beach
Meribel, France – extensive ski area, sunny terraces and vin chaud
Pollenca, Mallorca – cobbled streets, Sunday market, fab restaurants and goat bells
Laos – vibrant markets, elephants, temples and waterfalls
01. Don’t forget your lip balm (with SPF) – it doesn’t matter if you’re skiing or sunbathing, it will come in handy.
02. Courchevel has lots of North-facing slopes which means they’re out of the sun and the snow lasts longer!
03. The longest skis are 534m long and were worn by 1,043 skiers.
My hot picks
01. Chalet Artemis, St Anton – one of our Flagship chalets with plenty to keep you occupied during a white-out (or on day 3 of skiing when your legs give in) with your own cinema, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. St Anton also boasts excellent off-piste, a charming village and a fantastic ski school.
02. Villa Can Totxa, Mallorca – a fantastic modern villa with a tennis court and private swimming pool. Just minutes from the village of Pollenca which has retained its traditional charm with cobbled streets and little shops, restaurants and bars. I love the friendly locals and sitting in the main square watching the world go by.
03. Chalet Chamois, Zermatt – one of our original chalets a 2-minute walk from Klein Matterhorn lift station. Zermatt is the most beautiful ski resort and the views from the balcony of the Matterhorn mountain are unbeatable. The horse-drawn sleighs and little electric taxis are adorable and being able to ski into Italy for the day is great fun.
What my guests say about me
"We have now sadly returned from our holiday, we had such an amazing time at both the houses so thank you so much for organizing it all so well. "
"I just wanted to say thank you for another great skiing holiday, we really could not fault the service we received. Although our journey home was difficult, it would have been a lot worse without the efficiency of the resort manager and his assistants I hope you will pass on our thanks to every one."
"An enormous thank you to you and all at Scott Dunn in Daios Cove for a truly fabulous holiday. The service was exceptional and you catered to our every whim effortlessly. The only problem is now we have been on a Scott Dunn holiday there is no going back!"
"I wanted to say how very much we enjoyed our week in Zermatt, which was a great success on so many levels. Both the resort & chalet teams were first class. They looked after us extremely well & put on a first rate performance. They were hard working, attentive, flexible, thoughtful, cheerful, consistent, welcoming & great fun. As ambassadors of your firm & what you are trying to achieve, they could not have done a better job. We were also extremely well looked after by Michelle in the UK."