I was lucky enough to spend 8 weeks a year as a child in our house in southern Spain. This started my love for travel and languages. I went on to spend a ski season in Meribel and travel around the world when I was 18. At university, my semesters were spent saving up for my next holiday to go skiing, backpacking through Morocco or travelling through Europe; I then spent my 3rd year living in Paris and Buenos Aires. I recently took a sabbatical and travelled through South East Asia and India for 4 months.
Working with Scott Dunn has been a great opportunity to travel and see new places, and after 5 years specialising in Europe and ski holidays I thought it was about time for a change, to slightly more tropical destinations. A recent trip to Mauritius has opened my eyes to the Indian Ocean, and I cannot wait to explore the other destinations we feature.
Favourite places I’ve been
Portugal – fresh fish and seafood, delicious wines, incredible beaches
Italy – the food! Beautiful architecture, history
Mauritius – tropical beaches, with blue blue sea, lovely people
Thailand – beautiful country with amazing islands, great food, kind people
India – a fascinating place with amazing scenery, incredible food, and chaos!
Morocco – mystical place with lovely hotels, beautiful architecture
Malaysia – a complete mix of cultures, interesting history, tropical beaches and great vibrant KL
Argentina – Buenos Aires - one of my favourite cities, beautiful diverse scenery, amazing steaks!
Brazil – beautiful beaches, tropical and laid back atmosphere.
01. Never pack too much – be selective, you never end up using everything!
02. Although diving seems a scary thought it is well worth it, I was always terrified and one day took the plunge! I now love it and find it much less scary than snorkelling!
03. Always try to eat out locally where possible, although our hotels do offer incredible food, you will only get an authentic meal in the local restaurants, ask the hotel to suggest one!
My hot picks
01. Shanti Maurice, Mauritius - try one of their pool villas – truly beautiful with a huge pool! The lobster shack on the beach set up twice a week is amazing!!
02. Villa Spalletti Trivelli, Italy – such a hidden gem in Rome, it’s just like private house with such attention to detail. I love the open bar in the grand sitting room, and the lovely green garden where you can enjoy your breakfast before heading into busy Rome.
03. Aquapura, Douro Valley, Portugal – I’ve not yet visited this property, but it’s at the top of my list! I love the undiscovered areas of a country like Portugal, which are so different from the Algarve that we all know so well. This area looks fascinating packed with history, culture and gastronomy.