"I love the Caribbean, the people, the atmosphere."
I ‘ve worked in the travel industry for over 15 years and specialised in selling the Caribbean for 10 of those years. I love the Caribbean islands, the people, the culture and the laid back atmosphere! I’ve been lucky enough to travel to all of the islands we feature here at Scott Dunn and know them well, having visited not only for work but also for holidays and in more recent years travelling as a family with my young daughter.
Since joining Scott Dunn two years ago I’ve also had the opportunity to visit Mauritius and The Seychelles; two beautiful destinations which offer some of the most amazing beaches in the world. I’ve enjoyed getting to know these islands and very much enjoy sharing my knowledge selling such a wonderful portfolio of hotels in the Caribbean and Indian Ocean.
Favourite places I’ve been
Jamaica – diverse, vibrant, colourful, fun, friendly
St Barths – chic, stylish, place to be seen
Barbados – lively, food lovers’ paradise
Grenada – laid back, sleepy, island of spice
Anguilla – small, safe, friendly, slow pace of life
Bahamas – ranging from big islands with lots going on to remote spits of sand
Turks & Caicos – powder-white sand beaches, pure relaxation
St Lucia – beautiful, lush, green and mountainous
Denis Island Seychelles – rustic, friendly, remote, barefoot luxury
Mauritius – multi-cultural, beautiful beaches, luxurious properties
01. Riks Café Negril Jamaica – watch the amazing cliff diving whilst enjoying a bottle of Red Stripe and if you’re feeling brave enough have a go yourself, a good place to go just before sunset.
02. Scilly Cay Anguilla – enjoy a wonderful Sunday lunch over at Scilly Cay reached by a short 5 minute boat ride from the main island. Here they serve a fresh lobster barbecue whilst you sit with your feet in the sand enjoying calypso music. Make sure you sample their rum punch!
03. Malibu Factory Barbados - for a fun couple of hours of sightseeing,visit the rum distillery that makes the world famous Malibu and sample some of their latest flavours - the lime flavoured one is pretty good!
My hot picks
01. Jumby Bay Antigua – this beautiful private island is a short boat ride from the mainland. It has a nice exclusive feel to it and with no cars on the island, it makes it wonderfully safe for children. The island is very flat so it’s great to get around by bicycle and explore the different beaches, one of which is home to the hawksbill turtle project where during nesting season these giant turtles come ashore to lay their eggs.
02. Maia Seychelles – this hotel is amazing, the suites here have a panoramic view out over the ocean and each suite comes with your own personal butler who will ensure that you’re looked after like a movie star, from making sure that your favourite music is playing upon your arrival, to knowing just how you like your drink mixed. You’ll leave here feeling totally spoilt!
03. Jamaica Inn Ochos Rios, Jamaica – this hotel has a wonderful intimate feel to it with suites positioned in a horseshoe shape around the hotel’s beautifully kept lawns and gardens, which lead on to the most fabulous beach with gentle clear waters ideal for swimming. My favourite suites here have their own private terrace which over hangs the rocks. You can have your breakfast whilst looking down at fish swimming below.
What my guests have said
"Gemma provided excellent advice and service. We have used your service before and will do again - in fact we are travelling with you to South Africa in November!"
"Phone service by Gemma was very professional and helpful. Have already recommended Scott Dunn to others."
"Gemma who helped us was lovely - well informed, helpful, thoughtful and really charming."
"Gemma was extremely helpful and forthcoming with good, honest advice."
"Gemma Dobson very responsive and mindful of our needs. Responded swiftly and positively to an email sent during the holiday."
"Gemma was efficient and charming. She always returned email/phone calls immediately and she described the hotel exactly as it was."
"Gemma Dobson was knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. She made the booking process very easy for us and ensured all our requests were met. Thank you very much Gemma!"